Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Weights Question

I am looking to upgrade my PSA boxing set. If I have a PSA 6 and I receive a PSA 8oc for the same card, is it beneficial to add the Psa 8oc? How many grades will the card drop if it is OC? If I were to sell this set in the future, would the set be more attractive with a PSA 6 or PSA 8OC?
If I had a psa 4 card and wanted to replace it with a psa 8mc card, would that be a good move? Would it go up on the weights?
How much does a psamk card drop by grade?
Thanks to all for you help and I hope you understand my questions...

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    The qualifier is worth two points. So as far as weights go, the 6 and the 8OC are the same. I personally, look at the card, not the grade. If the qualifier is something that is so severe that it detracts from the enjoyment I get in viewing the card, I will pass. Good luck!
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    blacklabblacklab Posts: 187 ✭✭
    As a general rule, a straight grade is much more desirable when looking to move a card than a card two grades higher with a qualifier. There is very little interst in cards with the o/c qualifier. I would say that the only exception is if you have a card which is quite expensive and is really sharp looking, but just misses because of centering. In that case, I would leave it in the o/c holder. Doug