Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bad Check Alerts

GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
Hi everyone. We have run this on Coinnet but I know there are a lot of dealers on here that might not see it there. Several Chicago Dealers have received bad checks by someone names Christopher Nord. There is a warrant for his arrest in Sycamore IL and a police report is filed in the city of Chicago as well. White Male, 25 yrs of age, thin, 5'8-5'10, full beard. Claims he is buying coins for fathers birthday. Picture available.

The other one has been reported in several states. Different MO. This person has bought coins as either Al West and Al Unger. Buys coins with check that is covered with good funds but closes the account before the check is deposited. Check becomes no good. 5'10"-6' White male, 260 Lbs, growth on neck, 60 yrs of age. Hit several places in Chicago and across the country. Any information on either would be great.

David

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up! Sycamore is just a half an hour from me...
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    Many of the Illinois CCE dealers have had problems with the Al Unger character. PM me for their names and they might be able to give you some information on that individual.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Mug shots would be good. I am collecting them for future avatars.
  • Options
    Please describe the guy's neck growth. image
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Please describe the guy's neck growth. image >>

Lol, is it round like a boulder or branching like a tree?
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    would it be wrong to post the criminals pix ??

and to me it sounds odd - I mean , my very own bank would not allow me to pull such a scam ; they want all kind of info to open an account :

linked credit cards , work address, s.s.n , proof of a mailing address, etc

....and just try closing an account ! Seems it would be very hard to pull this off at a legitimate Bank
  • Options
    GreeniejrGreeniejr Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭
    According to another Chicago dealer I talked to there are 4-6 warrants pending on this Nord guy
  • Options
    If I remember correctly their was someone on the bst looking to buy a $500 bill for his fathers birthday not that long ago. I doubt it was him but you never know.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do dealers typically take checks from strangers and give them the coins before the check even clears?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    ...i think most dealers , in their greed, take a risky check -

if not , there's one a town over that will
  • Options

<< <i>Do dealers typically take checks from strangers and give them the coins before the check even clears? >>

Due to it being a felony in my state we usually do if its not moon money. There was that time I refused an asian lady with a po box address on an out of state check.........
    Not due to greed, just the fact that I basically trust most people and have only gotten 1 bad check in the last 4 years and that was for $3.85 (wth!!!).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file