Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 W ASE........Any word yet?

Has anyone heard if they are continuing this series and if so, release date?

Comments

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    American Eagle Silver Proof Coins

Production of United States Mint American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coins has been temporarily suspended because of unprecedented demand for American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins. Currently, all available silver bullion blanks are being allocated to the American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin Program, as the United States Mint is required by Public Law 99-61 to produce these coins “in quantities sufficient to meet public demand . . . .”

The United States Mint will resume the American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coin Programs once sufficient inventories of silver bullion blanks can be acquired to meet market demand for all three American Eagle Silver Coin products.

American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin

Production of United States Mint American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coins has been temporarily suspended because of unprecedented demand for American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins. Currently, all available silver bullion blanks are being allocated to the American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin Program, as the United States Mint is required by Public Law 99-61 to produce these coins “in quantities sufficient to meet public demand . . . .”

The United States Mint will resume the American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coin Programs once sufficient inventories of silver bullion blanks can be acquired to meet market demand for all three American Eagle Silver Coin products.

• Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    I was kinda hoping someone here might have a little inside info...might be a good jump for us flippers if we can get ours early...

Man, did I just say that?
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    subscribe
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭

<< <i>American Eagle Silver Proof Coins

American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin

The United States Mint will resume the American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coin Programs once sufficient inventories of silver bullion blanks can be acquired to meet market demand for all three American Eagle Silver Coin products. >>

There was a link a couple weeks (?) ago to a article that said sufficient silver bullion blanks have now reached a point where the US Mint CAN meet the market demand for ASEs. I was hoping with that bit of news we would see the US Mint take down that statement and start making these things.

Jeff
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Coincidentally, I received an email about 2 months ago from the Mint, stating my 2009 ASE Proofs had been shipped...

Yeah, I know...

So I called them, and was told nooooo, they weren't SHIPPED, it was just their way of confirming that I was on their shipping LIST, and was scheduled to recieve my order, once production and distribution began anew.

On a related matter, I received an email this morning, regarding my 2009 Silver Proof Set Subscription Order...

Thank you, we have received your order. Please do not
    disclose your order receipt number. If for any reason your
    order cannot be processed, we reserve the right to cancel.
    Inventory may not be available to fill orders placed under a
    "wait list" notice. Orders placed before the published on-
    sale time will not be accepted. Orders containing several
    items may be filled in multiple shipments. Registered users
    may track their order at www.usmint/catalog. Guest users
    with order inquiries should call 1-800-USA-MINT. To update
    credit card information, call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).

Order #: 3234**** - 1 Order date: 7/15/09

Sold To: *****, MICHAEL J

Ship To: *****, MICHAEL J

Order Process Date: 7/15/09

Merchandise : .02
    Freight . . . : 4.95
    Total . . : 4.97

1. SILVER PROOF SET (MVF)
    Qty 2 @ $.01 - Backordered 07/31/09.

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
    If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
    http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.

UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merchandise two cents?
    Fut The Wuk?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ResRes Posts: 1,086

<< <i>Merchandise two cents?
    Fut The Wuk? >>

I'm gonna guess two sets.

Oops. Just saw they added 2 cents to the shipping. I'm still going to guess that it's supposed to be two sets.
  • Options

<< <i>subscribe >>

As of late, I certainly do not trust the mint in relying on a series subscription to assure early delivery.
    That said, the subscription service does "guarantee" that you "may" receive the coins ordered.image

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they have already corrected the 0.02 error, however I am disappointed the Tyler Spouse coins were "backordered" at all and am further disappointed again to see the word "backordered" on the silver proof sets.

if they can't make the release dates, they need to do something about it.

Unfortunately, they haven't quickly fixed the "My Subscriptions" link as they have with the 0.01 pricing error.

As for ease of delivery, the mint proof set subs came through without a major hassle, unlike previous subs. Went great and were shipped before the regular orders the best I could tell. This "backorder" stuff makes me wonder, tho.

Dunno, after the proof set and seeing plans for a 5 oz silver version of the state park quarters, I kind of wish they would just have made all the coins in a silver version for the silver proof set.

At this stage, most coins in the silver proof set aren't silver. image
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

There was a link a couple weeks (?) ago to a article that said sufficient silver bullion blanks have now reached a point where the US Mint CAN meet the market demand for ASEs. I was hoping with that bit of news we would see the US Mint take down that statement and start making these things. >>

numismaster story

<< <i>

<< <i>Allocations of gold and silver American Eagle bullion coins ended June 15 as the U.S. Mint notified its network of authorized purchasers that its system of rationing was no longer needed.

Supplies on hand and production capacity are now sufficient to take care of the ongoing program. >>

>>

:
    :
    :

<< <i>

<< <i>Currently, waits have basically been eliminated and the premiums have returned to pre-shortage levels. >>

>>

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    If the dealers stopped ordering the bullion coins then they would have the blanks already for the proofs???
  • Options

<< <i>If the dealers stopped ordering the bullion coins then they would have the blanks already for the proofs??? >>

there had been high demand for quite some time for gold and silver bullion.

I wonder if the demand is customer based instead of dealer based.

• Options

<< <i>they have already corrected the 0.02 error, however I am disappointed the Tyler Spouse coins were "backordered" at all and am further disappointed again to see the word "backordered" on the silver proof sets.

if they can't make the release dates, they need to do something about it.

Unfortunately, they haven't quickly fixed the "My Subscriptions" link as they have with the 0.01 pricing error.

As for ease of delivery, the mint proof set subs came through without a major hassle, unlike previous subs. Went great and were shipped before the regular orders the best I could tell. This "backorder" stuff makes me wonder, tho.

Dunno, after the proof set and seeing plans for a 5 oz silver version of the state park quarters, I kind of wish they would just have made all the coins in a silver version for the silver proof set.

At this stage, most coins in the silver proof set aren't silver. image >>

As a follow up.... this am, my sub order for the some-silver proof set is "in stock and reserved" and "in process" with a cancel box present.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the annual dollar coin set will be the only way to get them -- if it gets released for 09.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    Did the mint sell and deliver any 2009 W Proof ASEs earlier this year?
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did the mint sell and deliver any 2009 W Proof ASEs earlier this year? >>

Nope
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I want my Eagles image
  • Options
    Seems odd to me that the Mint can't find enough silver to produce the Silver ASE Proof and "W" coins for 2009, but are advertising the 5 ounce silver coins that sell along side of the parks quarters next yr.image
    Gary
  • Options
    there waiting for Silver to get so expensive, that we will have to mortage the house to get them. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file