Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

gold tael from king fook

I bought a boat shaped gold tael (37.43g) today and was wondering if anyone here knows somewhere that these can be shipped to at or over the melt price of the gold. The piece is similar to this one but with one diestamp on the face instead of the three hand punches:

http://www.pandaamerica.com/details2.asp?item=4824&grp=2&categ=138 (don't be mad at me for using your image, Peter! free advertising etc...)

The company that produced mine, King Fook (景&#31119image, is a reputable firm that makes kilo bars for delivery on the Hong Kong exchange among other things. Does anyone know someplace to ship these to? I am lazy just using PandaAmerica's picture, but if a pic of mine will be useful I can take one. Thanks for any advice!

Aaron

Comments

• Options
    Hm, newbie that I am I guess I should have posted this in the precious metals forum. Could some kind admin move it?
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    You are lazy!!
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Hello, Lancastercoin! I do believe we have met before! Did you make it to the Springs?
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Hi Tom: yes, I went that Saturday. Bought many sovereigns, one PCGS35 1826 sovereign, a nice Anne Vigo halfcrown, some other choice to decent non-brit stuff and plenty of junk. I'm the "buy it all" guy for many of our local dealers so I get the real junk. Most of it goes right into the acid or the crucible though, so it's always nice to buy! I actually need some fine gold right now so I suppose my lazy tael is going to the crucible tomorrow. I thought I was going to sell a Vespasian Aureus that I have but it didn't work out. It's a shame that our next local show on Aug 8 is during the ANA, isn't it?
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to ANA? Wish I could be there, but there is work to be done. Besides that, the mother-in-law arrives today for a 5 week visit, so I'm being fitted for chains that will keep me around here. image

Where's the next local show at? Cheyenne?
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image for those interested (I was!):

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    man, this subject looks like a typo imageimage