Home Sports Talk
Options

AL fans...thank this man

I'm so proud of my boy CC! His homer in '07 was awesome, but that catch was amazing! If the Rays get rid of him it'll be a big mistake. He WANTS to be a Ray for life....make it happen Stu!

Some of my CC stuff

Comments

• Options
    the question is can the Rays afford him? he is on pace for one of his best seasons; is this a contract year? he is sure playing like it is.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>the question is can the Rays afford him? he is on pace for one of his best seasons; is this a contract year? he is sure playing like it is. >>

Nope, he's signed through 2010. Problem is, they've commited so much money (Pat Burrell BLOWS) that they'll likely have to let one of the big time players go, and at this point he's the one that would get the most in a trade. He's set to make $10 million next year, while Burrell will make $9 mill, Kazmir $10m, and Pena $8. Thank god for that Longoria deal last year (he'll be in St. Pete for 7 more years!)

And this is how he's always played (besides injury plagued 08), it's just that nobody ever paid any attention to him outside of the Tampa Bay area.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Paps sure thanks him
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Was that Crawford getting blown up by F Rod?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my daughter throws a baseball better than the guy who threw out the first pitch
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>my daughter throws a baseball better than the guy who threw out the first pitch >>

Could have been worse . . . . like Carl Lewis! image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Obama needs to shed the sports thing, its obviously he knows nothing about it. Can't throw a ball can't even bowl. Gotta believe that Regan would of
    throw a strike, even at 70.

Kevin
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obama needs to shed the sports thing, its obviously he knows nothing about it. Can't throw a ball can't even bowl. Gotta believe that Regan would of

Kevin

He's rumored to be a pretty good basketball player though from what I've heard.

"Regan"? I never realized Secretaries of the Treasury threw out first balls...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i> Obama needs to shed the sports thing, its obviously he knows nothing about it. Can't throw a ball can't even bowl. Gotta believe that Regan would of

Kevin

He's rumored to be a pretty good basketball player though from what I've heard.

"Regan"? I never realized Secretaries of the Treasury threw out first balls... >>

I wouldn't talk crap unless you think you could make the throw from the rubber.

Anyways, yeah he can definitely ball. I saw the special on Real Sports and it showed him playing in a pick up game. His brother in law's the head coach of Oregon State basketball too.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. That sure doesn't look like Curtis Granderson to me. That's okay, we knew who you meant as soon as we read the title.

• Options

<< <i>wouldn't talk crap unless you think you could make the throw from the rubber. >>

I can, and I say he threw like a girl. He admitted during the game he never played organized baseball so had never developed even basic skills.

The strike GW Bush threw at Yankee Stadium after 9/11 should go down in histroy as the greatest pitch ever by a president - that was a seed.

Regarding BO, I have to question the atheletic ability of anyone who bowls a 30.
  • Options

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda looks like a Special Olympic event LOL

<< <i>image

image >>

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159
    I assumed you'd have a pic of Albert Pujols. Between his error and his 0-fer, as well as flaking at the Home Run Derby - only making a cut because a fan reached on the field....he really didn't live up to the hype that was heaped on him over the break.

Maybe Obama threw a weak pitch so Pujols wouldn't fumble it and allow someone to score.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>image >>

Nice McClung auto. image

edited to add: who is OCO? image