Home Sports Talk
Options

Why would anyone sign Allen Iverson?

Guy only plays for himself...is against the team concept...and he is poison on the sidelines....

has to be the biggest waste of talent in a career ever!

Nobody ever wants the guy (except maybe the worst professional franchise in sports)

The clippers want him..not the worst in the NBA, the worst IN SPORTS

that is telling....

Comments

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Sterling must think Iverson would put butts in the seats.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I do not often agree with Fandango... so won't start here. image

I actually agree in part about Inverson being a wasted talent. However, he is one tough dude. He is a little guy who gets beat up and keeps on playing. IF he could someone learn to be a back up he could bring a ton of toughness to a bad team. For example, my King's could use a tough guy like that. Maybe he could instill some tougness in all the softies here in SacTown starting with Kevin Martin... the softest 25 point per night player of all time.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>I do not often agree with Fandango... so won't start here. image

I actually agree in part about Inverson being a wasted talent. However, he is one tough dude. He is a little guy who gets beat up and keeps on playing. IF he could someone learn to be a back up he could bring a ton of toughness to a bad team. For example, my King's could use a tough guy like that. Maybe he could instill some tougness in all the softies here in SacTown starting with Kevin Martin... the softest 25 point per night player of all time. >>

i agree with you.....image
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    Iverson is a disease. Nuggetts get way better with Billups instead of AI and Pistons get way worse with him. He shoots a bad percentage and takes alot of shots.....and he doesn't like to practice. What is there to like about Iverson?
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    There has been a lot of talk in Charlotte about Iverson coming to the Bobcats and being reunited with Larry Brown. The Bobcats have NO fan support. A name like Iverson might at least generate a little interest. Of course, I remember growing up in New Orleans and the Jazz management traded the number one pick in the draft to Atlanta for Pete Maravich and then did it again with the Lakers for an aging Gail Goodrich. Maravich was solid for a few years until injuries got him. Goodrich was good for about 30 games. Those two draft picks turned out to be David Thompson and Magic Johnson. And the Jazz skipped town. Ultimately, if a guy can't help you win, don't waste your time.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    The Bobcats can forget about signing Iverson.Let Jordan suit up.That will create some fan interestimage
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signing Iverson results in his team instantaneously obtaining "street cred" with urban, suburban, rural and overseas rappers and their homeboys (and fly honeys). Ya know what I'm sayin,..........................
    ................................My Bruthaimage
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    but he is the answer...so that is why someone would sign him...cuase they asked the questionimage
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Happy birthday Allen!