Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I wish PCGS had not .....................

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
..........Decided to label the Presidential Dollars Edge Lettering as Postion A and Position B. Maybe A lEttering and B Lettering but Position?

All to often in coin auctions, both terms are abbreviated as Pos A and Pos B and I've found myself lately reading some other meaning in Pos when I see the auction titles!

Anybody else see that?
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• I hadn't really noticed or thought about it until you pointed it out. But, I'll have to wait and see if we start having 1878 Morgans designated WTF 7, WTF 8, or WTF 7/8 for "with tail feathers." No one's thought of it yet, but if "Pos" can be an abbreviation, then...

And, any coin graded very early in the "rattler" holder days would be Old Miniature Green, or OMG...
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭

<< <i>..........Decided to label the Presidential Dollars Edge Lettering as Postion A and Position B. Maybe A lEttering and B Lettering but Position?

All to often in coin auctions, both terms are abbreviated as Pos A and Pos B and I've found myself lately reading some other meaning in Pos when I see the auction titles!

Anybody else see that? >>

From most of the Presi's I've seen POS may be a very fitting term image
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A better question is why label the edge lettering at all. Who really cares.
    It either fell obverse up or down when it fell onto the machine.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A better question is why label the edge lettering at all. Who really cares.
    It either fell obverse up or down when it fell onto the machine.
    image >>

I'm really in agreement with you here but this whole scenario was brought on by those that were "fleecing" the flock with the "upside down error coin" scams being run on eBay!

After the designations, it then became a money maker for the TPG's!

I have no knowledge in the area so I need to ask, was the edge lettering on the half dollars and other classic coinage always in the same orientation or did that vary as well?? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> have no knowledge in the area so I need to ask, was the edge lettering on the half dollars and other classic coinage always in the same orientation or did that vary as well?? >>

I have no personal knowledge my self as all my older coins are in non viewable holders.
    But from my readings I understand it was a manual process. And since humans were doing it there is no way they could have done them all the same. John thinks it should be obverse up on Monday and Bill thinks it should be reverse up on Tuesday.