Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1958 DDO Lincoln Cent not listed in Pop Reports

Perhaps a change is coming. Last week and the week before, the erroneous number of 61 was listed for the 1958 DDO. There are actually only three. One is MS-65 Rd and two in MS-64 Rd. Perhaps there is only one MS-64 RD nd the pop was inflated due to a crackout and resubmission. We'll see what happens.

Ira
Dealer/old-time collector

Comments

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Ira - There are definitely three 1958 DDO Lincoln cents graded by PCGS. I have graded two of them. One is the ms 65 red in my collection and a ms 64 red. The third ms 64 is owned by an A$$hole in Washington state
    who bought it from another A$$hole named Sam.

Stewart
  • Options

<< <i>Ira - There are definitely three 1958 DDO Lincoln cents graded by PCGS. I have graded two of them. One is the ms 65 red in my collection and a ms 64 red. The third ms 64 is owned by an A$$hole in Washington state

Stewart >>

Hi Stew,

Do you know who owns the OTHER MS-64? Is it Gerry? Or, do you have both of them? Thanks for giving a definitive answer on the correct population.

Ira
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Ira,

Try to keep up. Gerry is not in Washington state. Rich is. image
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ira - There are definitely three 1958 DDO Lincoln cents graded by PCGS. I have graded two of them. One is the ms 65 red in my collection and a ms 64 red. The third ms 64 is owned by an A$$hole in Washington state

Stewart >>

Stewart, Why all the hatin'? Care to share with the rest of us? Shag
  • Options

<< <i>Ira,

Try to keep up. Gerry is not in Washington state. Rich is. image >>

Nobody can hope to keep up with a know it all like you, Roger. I 'm trying to find out if Stew owns two 1958 DDOs or whether one will appear in the Thomas Irwin Lincoln wmajor varieties set soon.

You must be referring to a particular electrical contractor in Washington state, Laura's friend.

Ira
  • Options
    Roger,

Never mind. I was thinking of Bruce. I don't know who you mean. Does it matter if it isn't Gerry or Stew anyway?

Ira
  • Options
    Ira,

Rich Notturno is the guy in Seattle. Onruutton memorials. etc... I'm amazed a big time variety dealer like you doesn't even know he exists.

He has a 69-S DDO in 64RD also (even nicer than the 62BN that Andy "magically" turned into the 63BN image )

& no. He's not an electrical contractor.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ira - Lincoln varieties - really? Pfffft!

• Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>The third ms 64 is owned by an A$$hole in Washington state
    who bought it from another A$$hole named Sam. >>

<< <i>Never mind. I was thinking of Bruce. >>

Ouch... what did you do to Ira if you are his first guess as the A$$hole from WA?

haha
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The third ms 64 is owned by an A$$hole in Washington state
    who bought it from another A$$hole named Sam. >>

<< <i>Never mind. I was thinking of Bruce. >>

Ouch... what did you do to Ira if you are his first guess as the A$$hole from WA?

haha >>

I don't call people A$$ holes, not on a public forum anyway. Bruce has never done anything to me. I doubt he knows I exist. It was Stew who called the owner of the third 1958 DDO as A$$hole, and that's his opinion, not mine. Let's leave this one alone.

Ira
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was teasing me, Ira. Don't sell yourself short - I've seen some nice coins that you've handled.
  • Options
    maybe some rich oil sheik will buy bothimage
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

IRA - GERRY aka Thomas Irwin collection does not presently own a 1958 DDO.

Stewart