Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ripken MultiPlayer Signed Card Project; UPDATE 9/14/13

As some of you know, I enjoy collecting multplayer signed cards and pictures where Cal Ripken Jr. is one of the subjects. I just started this 1996 Score Select card by obtaining Bobby Bonilla TTM. It will be back in tomorrow's mailbox to Mike Mussina....I'll keep everyone updated (who cares) with the project:

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.

Comments

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Some other MultiPlayer samples from my collection:

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Nice
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    What a phenomenally cool collecting idea. Honor your hero by collecting autographed cards by many of his colleagues and fellow ballplayers. Those are some amazing multi-signed cards you have there. Very inspiring!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Lot of money on the table there if you ever decide to sell (not that you ever would) Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
  • slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Nice!

Mussina took awhile before... not sure now that he's got some extra time on his hands... but he always comes through.
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    That's an impressive collection. Congrats!
    got Mussina back TTM today....on next to the Ironman!

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's an awesome collection of autos!
  • How many of those did you get for free (Ripken Jr.) and how many did you pay for TTM? If you paid TTM at like $200 per, looks like a few thousand you spent here.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Cool collection. I really like the Ripken/Ozzie combo.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Great signed cards, thanks for sharing.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    AWESOME auto cards! Good luck with all your future projects!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Finally finished this particular card project by recently securing Ripken.....I'll have to give some thought to my next project!

Enjoy!
    IMF
  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great collection, congrats on finishing that card up. I am constantly amazed by the breadth of your collection, thanks for being so willing to share it with us!
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
    Thanks Abe....Here are some other combo signed pieces in my collection:

imageimage
    I got this card off eBay and will have Raymond Berry sign it this Sunday at the Sports Legends Museum prior to the Ravens game...

wow... just wow...
    A couple days before Christmas, I did get Cal to sign this Donruss card with Raymond Berry (who I got Thanksgiving weekend) and I thought I'd also show this official MLB with the Goodbye Metrodome logo with his inscription of his accomplishments there:

• Great stuff! I have a copy of the ESPN presentation about "The Greatest Game Ever Played". From watching the presentation I have the impression that Berry is a great conversation.

<< <i>Great stuff! I have a copy of the ESPN presentation about "The Greatest Game Ever Played". From watching the presentation I have the impression that Berry is a great conversation. >>

Chris:

Berry was the perfect gentleman when I met him....You can tell that he was looking for just the right spot to sign the card (admittably there isn't a lot of room) and he obviously took the time to sign it neatly....He shook the hand the hand of everyone that came through the line to see him and asked each person their name and where they were from...

I believe he lives in TN now, but he is revererd in Baltimore.......Also, I'm not sure a lot of people remember that he was the head coach of the Patriots when they went to their first Super Bowl (SBXX).

With this card only being #'d to 100, I'd like to think that mine may be the only one signed (Cal told me he had never seen it before and thought it was cool).

IMF
  • Nice "Baltimore" sports history with Berry and Cal ...

cheers
  • Great stuff! At first i thought that was John Wooden, not Phil Rizzuto.....................Holy cow!
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Show off.

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!!!

absolutly great stuff
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

just an update that I'll be seding this 8x10 of a very young looking Terry Francona & Rip to Francona (c/o Bosox ST); after that it will be on to Cal

• I totally forgot about your comment on Berry living in Tennessee. I checked it out and he doesn't live far from here. I plan on dropping him a letter this week. I would absolutely love to be able to chat with him. I am the "voice" of the local Junior High and High School football programs. I wonder if he goes around speaking to young peole in the area.
  • There is a 2007 UD Masterpieces card with Ripken Jr. and Gwynn that would be perfect for your in-person collection.

<< <i>There is a 2007 UD Masterpieces card with Ripken Jr. and Gwynn that would be perfect for your in-person collection. >>

thanks for the suggestion, I already have Ripken/Gwynn on a 2001 Beckett cover...

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing your collection never gets old! Thanks for sharing, really great stuff.

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
    While I'm still waiting for Francona to return my 8x10 of him and Cal, I did pick up this original "The Tonight Show" script from December 1995 in which Cal was a guest.....One of my hobby friends has a contact in LA to get Jay Leno's signature on it, then I will add Cal:

Got my 1995 Tonight Show script back today signed by Jay Leno, from my contact in LA......Now off to Ripken

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Nice going.

Quick questions - How do you send the 8x10s? With a return mailer and how much postage paid?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

<< <i>Nice going.

Quick questions - How do you send the 8x10s? With a return mailer and how much postage paid? >>

Return big envelope (with postage applied....I have it weighed prior to shipping out) with 8x10 top loader & cardboard.

IMF
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Gracias image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    95 Donruss has a nice pic with McGwire in it.
    While this thread hasn't been updated for awhile, I thought I would share "The Tonight Show" script from 1995 with Cal recently added, as well as a Postal Cover from the very first Baseball Assistance Team (BAT) banquet dated 01/11/90, also signed by Cal Ripken Jr. as he was awarded the very first Bart Giamatti Award (Giamatti had unexpectedly passed away a few months earlier):

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on getting the Tonite Show items signed!

That's one of the coolest items I've seen here - wow.
    Mike
  • Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Do you have addresses for Bob Bonner and Jeff Schneider or did you get those from some sort of show?
    I love that Leno piece... did Ripken comment on it when he signed it? I mean if you were there when he signed it. Simply awesome stuff in here! image
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    cool stuff

nice job

nothing onteh francona yet?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

<< <i>cool stuff

nice job

nothing onteh francona yet? >>

Fred:

It's ironic that you posted this because I got the picture back from Francona just this morning....The disapointing thing however was that he didn't sign the picture but did include a signed 84 Donruss card of himself.

IMF

<< <i>just an update that I'll be seding this 8x10 of a very young looking Terry Francona & Rip to Francona (c/o Bosox ST); after that it will be on to Cal

image >>

Well, one year later and I'm trying this again. I sent this photo to Francona a year ago and it was finally returned unsigned, with a 1984 Donruss card signed by him in August...

Is the second time a charm?

IMF
  • A year, dang. I would have figured it gone.

Good luck image

<< <i>A year, dang. I would have figured it gone.

Good luck image >>

By the way; I did send that picture to Francona again in February (no reply yet)...

Just added this 1986 Fleer card signed both by Tigers great Alan Trammell & Cal

IMF

It's been awhile since I updated this, but thought I'd share this 1991 MVP cachet signed by both Terry Pendleton & Cal

[URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/whhp72/media/Misc Ripken/1Terry001_zps01095bdb.jpg.html]image[/URL]

IMF