Home Precious Metals
Options

What was that Gold spike due to?

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC needed $920 to help his position. Other than that, I have no clue as to why it spiked today. The dollar is still range bound, interest rates still at the same levels or lower, etc. Maybe the PPT finally took a Monday off after all the busy work they did to support bond and G8 week. If they took gold down every Monday 52X a year, maybe somone in the SEC would get suspicious.

The dollar did take a slight dip this morning, but was still above 80. The fact that the Dow jumped nearly 2% may have been enough to get people to stick up their heads and sample commodities for the first time in several sessions. And then JPM, HSBC, and GS will induce more selling and pick off some newbs so they can sell more short contracts at the next lower level.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options

<< <i>PC needed $920 to help his position. Other than that, I have no clue as to why it spiked today. The dollar is still range bound, interest rates still at the same levels or lower, etc. Maybe the PPT finally took a Monday off after all the busy work they did to support bond and G8 week. If they took gold down every Monday 52X a year, maybe somone in the SEC would get suspicious. roadrunner >>

That works for me.
  • Options
    ........for some reason metals are now tied to the s&p/djia Markets go up, metals up. Markets go down, Metals down to me this signals were in a deflationary period still.

markets up? Goldman crooked sachs will announce they made billions
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options

<< <i>somone in the SEC would get suspicious. >>

like they don't already know. Who wants to jeopardize thier future Goldman job by not playing ball. 600K avg annual GS bonuses are the norm.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was no spike. Heck, it was barely a flutter.image

Who wants to jeopardize thier future Goldman job by not playing ball. 600K avg annual GS bonuses are the norm.

Excellent article by Matt Taibbi in the July 9-23 issue of Rolling Stone. Great synopsis of GS's involvement in screwing us all over the past decade, with much more to come.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Are those Zimbabwe dollars?
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are those Zimbabwe dollars? >>

There's a difference????

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Are those Zimbabwe dollars? >>

There's a difference????

image >>

Not yet.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.