Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Cards you wish PSA would grade - Let's see 'em

redlegsredlegs Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭
I thought this would be an interesting topic. For me, I would love to have my Kenwood Plaza Johnny Bench graded, however, I received it back stating that it is not cataloged. I own three of these.

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1984 Topps Nestle >>

Oh come now, I have four 1984 Topps Nestle graded Mike Schmidt cards....you just joined too late :-)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • redlegsredlegs Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago I tried to submit cards from the 1968 Reds Picture Pack Set without success. I received a note back stating that there was not a holder available. Since that time PSA has been grading cards from the 1960's Jay's Publishing sets which are very similar in thickness and size. The Picture Pack cards measure approximately 4 & 3/4 by 7 & 1/16. I may have to give it another try. Has anyone tried recently?

• firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    sweet cards phil...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Unique Topps Cloth cards of young Hall of Famers are pretty darn cool, Bob!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd grade Star basketball cards like they used to.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭
    1982 Fleer Test
    1990 Donruss Aqueous Test
    1990 Donruss Blue/White Test

Anyone ever get any of these graded? I heard they grade the Aqueous now, but I don't know about the others. Didn't they also stop grading the 1995 Kraft and Quaker Granola cards?
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>1990 Donruss Aqueous Test >>

PSA is grading these now. Not the Blue and White's but they are grading the Red's.
  • I have that exact picture pack Rose card at PSA right now (was sent in late June). I will let you know if they grade it this time.

Also, in the 2009 SCD Catalogue, is the Kenwood Bench the one listed under Shillito Reds. There is a Bech listed with "Kenwood Plaza" in parentheses so that's why I was wondering. I emailed Bob Lemke a week or two ago (before I noticed the Shillito's) and he said he was aware of the Kenwood card and a Jamesway Trucking Bench I recently won. He said that if I sent scans and measurements, he would get them included in the 2011 edition. I sent him scans last week. As I said though, after I sent the email, I wondered if maybe the Bench was actually listed in their publication but under Shillito's instead of simply Kenwood Plaza.
    Interested in anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Reds and Kentucky Wildcats

eBay ID: gobigblue!
    Hello Patrick,

Yes, please let me know if PSA grades your Picture Pack Pete Rose. Along with the Rose, I would love to get both the Johnny Bench rookie and Tony Perez graded.

I have seen an example of the Shillitos Johnny Bench only one time. It actually has the name Shillitos on it. The Sports Investments Store in Cincinnati, Ohio, has it in the museum portion of their store and is not for sale. The Shillitos Johnny Bench has the same photo of Bench that the Partridge Meats, Kenwood Plaza, and Jamesway Trucking cards that were issued in the late 1960's. There is also a Shillitos Cincinnati Reds photo set that I believe came out in 1976.
  • Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Whoops, I was logged in already. Sorry for the previous blank post. OK, I wish PSA would grade 1993 Investors Journal Cards and 1992 Cartwrights Players Choice. Anyone know if any catalogs have info on these cards. I know the 2008-09 Beckett Football does. And LT appears in both of those sets. image
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
  • Got it now. Here is one of the Investor's Journal LT cards. I have a teal one and a silver prism as well.

• Correction: Beckett '08-'09 Football Guide does not have the Investor's Journal or Cartwright's Players choice. If anyone has seen these in a catalog, please let me know where. I have not looked in Tuff Stuff yet, so maybe they are in there.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    79 Topps Comics.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
    I received a email response back from PSA regarding the 1968 Reds Picture Pack Set. They informed me that they can now grade cards from this set.