Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Looking for some help with BS Roosie's

First of hello to all, I'm long time lurker and a very rare poster.

I just checked my account to see if my grades were in for 8 free I get every year. One of the coins was a 07d business strike roosey which was the best coin out of 2 rolls I had. Well the grade is in and its grade is a 66fb Satin Finish.

I can't believe this coin could be confused with a mint set coin but I'm going to assume the graders did their due diligence.

What I'm looking for is some help in finding these coins. I realize the factors against getting these business strikes which is why there is 2 complete sets in the 3 dime registry sets that require them. Is there anyone who has expertise in getting these coins made or has any of the following for sale.

05p
06p
07p
07d
08p
08d

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I can't believe this coin could be confused with a mint set coin but I'm going to assume the graders did their due diligence.

>>

That's not the first time I've heard them calling a business strike coin a satin finish. Unfortunately on a high grade coin it's not always easy to tell the difference and if you're the grading company you'd rather error on the side of calling it the lower valued coin I'd think. I've heard that it's best to submit business strike coins early, before the mint set is released that year, so that the graders cannot say satin finish. That doesn't help you out here though.

Good luck!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would call cutomer service about the Satin finish grading. This problem has been ongoing with coins mis labled as satin and being business strike coins.
    Hope one of the Roosey guys can help out with the want list.
    And imageto the zoo!!!!
  • Options
    AZM3,

Welcome to the boards.

The Satin Finish mistake does happen with strikes that are real solid.
    Just call Pcgs and they will figure it out. The only thing is paying for the
    shipping all over again.

As for finding the other Business Strike years, You might want to post on the BST boards.
    There might be someone over there willing to sell you one. They are starting to get tough to come
    by as of late. You can find 08's but finding 05's in FB is another story.

I have been looking for a 2005P and a 2006D in MS67FB. I know how it is.

BILL
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are very tough business strike coins. Their population is very low and will probably remain so because so few people are searching rolls for the high grade coins. I believe that the mint quality for several of the years affected how many are certified and then several of the years are tough in FB. Good luck with your search. Two of those I have been looking to add to my set for the past year or two.

I would check the BST forum and see if you have any luck there.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured that you would want a 09P. Here is the link to a couple of auctions for PCGS certified 09P dimes.

2009 P PCGS Roosevelt Dimes
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I guess it's time to renew and get some sent in. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Step up Dan.

We are missing your keen eye.image

BILL
  • Options
    Thanks to all who replied, I will call customer service but I'll wait til I get the coin back in a day or 2. I just want to look at it to see if it might have came from a used Satin die. I'm sure it isn't.

Thanks for the link to the 09's Its nice to see some.

When they first started the major varieties set I figured the coins would be made in some amount. Three plus years later still low pops.

So I guess I'll but the Barber and Mercs on hold and start looking for some Roosevelts again. I had gotten to a point where I haven't upgraded in awhile.

Dan50, If you make them I will be first in line. They don't even have to be top pop or even FB.

Even though I don't post much I still miss the days when Roosie's and Mercs dominated the boards.