Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just when you get a little boastful about your collection

Mr. Spence flexes his muscle.

He has moved into my neighborhood of the 1966's and creating havoc with the locals.

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to that website gave me the sudden urge to sell my entire collection to Mr Mint for pennies on the dollar...not!

Nice Mantle collection. Spence sure does have an incredible collection.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Frank , I'm sorry this is happening to you and the locals.

You will always have a great collection , as well.---- Sonny

P.S. --- Hope to get back , in the 66 mix soon.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    awesome Mantle collection!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    ...and that aint all his wealth can afford. Look at some of his other sets. I wonder if Bill Gates could compete with him if he had the whim?
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I beleive he is an oil executive so he probably could compete with alot of people.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    judging from his tremendous group of sets i wonder when he has time to do any oil executive work. he is on ebay everyday.

bottom line is when i was paying $4 a gallon last year for gasoline i was financing the competition.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely an awesome Mantle collection.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

<< <i>judging from his tremendous group of sets i wonder when he has time to do any oil executive work. he is on ebay everyday.

bottom line is when i was paying $4 a gallon last year for gasoline i was financing the competition. >>

Sad, true and funny image
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    <<i was paying $4 a gallon last year for gasoline i was financing the competition. >>

That is pretty funny stuff.

His collection makes guys like me feel like i'm collecting junk even though i'm not. i have only been collecting PSA's for about 1 and a 1/2 years now and i'm only up to 8,300 bucks. he spends that much in one transaction with all the stuff he buys. either way, a very nice collection but thats what happens when you have all the money in the world to back it. his $250,000 mantle rookie is worth more than what my entire collection will ever be.

Oh well, serve our country and enjoy the hobby. that's what i'm all about. it may not be the best paycheck but it lets me collect half way decent sets that i can give to my kids someday.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's and 1949 Bowman PSA 5's. Any help is appreciated!
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I remember when I thought I had an awesome collection however now my thinking is I do not have sqaut compared to most on this board although my collection consists of pre 1960s only.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    When collecting becomes competitive, whoever has the most money wins.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25