Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

T206 Honus Wagner PSA 8 on Ebay!

Was passing by another boring day at work scanning Ebay auctions and I came upon this...

HONUS WAGNER 1909 T206 PIEDMONT BACK BASEBALL CARD with an opening bid of $100,000.00

I look at the details and I'm amazed it is graded PSA 8!!! I'm not a T206 expert, but I thought the "Gretzky" Wagner was the only PSA 8 ever graded, so I looked up the cert # on PSA, sure enough the cert # is legit, but it belongs to a PSA 2 graded card.

This guy is a first time seller, apparently he thinks believes we are all suckers!!! What a JOKE!!!

This is obvious fraud, he should be charged to the full extent of the law!!!

Collecting 1977 Topps Mexican Football

Comments

• Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Funny, they won't even take care of shipping..
    RealOne
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Wow.... Yeah, when I finally get around to buying a T206 Wagner, its gonna be from a guy who describes it as "A TRUELY rare gem. All four corners are squared and come to a nice points..." There is a correlation between seller history and auction prices for a reason.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's have a little fun with this moron before the auction goes poof. Let's bid it up and bombard him with e-mails.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    imageimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    OMG, it looks like the lucky idiot sent the card in for review and it got bumped. It magically got centered as well.

• Options
    TrevmoTrevmo Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Wow, must be pretty nice to own a Wagner. I love when people try to sell stuff that isnt legit and they think they are giving someone a great deal by starting out at 100K. What a retard. Like someone selling a 1979 Ozzie Smith rookie card that is a BVG 6 for $399.00. Some people are clueless.

Always buying Ozzie Smith PSA 10's and 1949 Bowman PSA 5's
    Collecting Ozzie Smith PSA 10's, 1949 Bowman PSA 5's, and 1949 Bowman PCL'S in any grade!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Trevmo - there's a world of difference between clueless and scammer. The two can often be found in the same person though.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Looks like ebay found out about the scam and took the moron's listing off. He did have one bidder, also with a feedback of 0. I'm sure it was a shill bidder. I guess that lets him off the hook for the sellers fees. Too bad image