Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Graded coins are coming in on 2009 formative years ** error coins** from ANACS

pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
My coins were shipped Fed x today, I should have them tomorrow. I sent in 80, 40 001's and 40 002's.
I don't know how many of each I have but here are the results-

36 MS67
32 MS66
10 MS65
1 MS64
1 MS63

Needless to say I am quite happy with these.

I really thought I would get some 68's though.

ANACS can be a little tough on grading now but that is a good thing I guess.

Comments

• Options
    Arent the coins worth a lot less than the grading fees?
  • Options
    I think the MS67s will almost surely make money, and I believe that the CDDR-02s will too - WITH TIME...

I have 18 CDDR-02s myself at ANACS right now.
  • Options

<< <i>Arent the coins worth a lot less than the grading fees? >>

We shall see!!!
  • Options
    PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    How much did grading 80 coins cost?
  • Options

<< <i>How much did grading 80 coins cost? >>

$800 plus $40 for shipping and insurance.
  • Options
    So, it's not worth the extra $5 for attributing?
  • Options

Mine are attributed.
  • Options
    I thought it was $5 extra for attributing, total $15.

How come you only had to pay $10?
  • Options
    I had to pay $15 each for mine, maybe OP got a discount?
  • Options

I went bulk and got a five dollar discount.
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I went bulk and got a five dollar discount. >>

Maybe I should do it too
    I'd like to have a group graded
  • Options

I got some top grades. Sent in some nice looking coins and got 36 MS67 along with 32 MS66's which is the top grade that I know of.
  • Options

<< <i>I got some top grades. Sent in some nice looking coins and got 36 MS67 along with 32 MS66's which is the top grade that I know of. >>

How many of the CDDR-001's got the ms67 grade and how many of the CDDR-002's got ms67 also? So far for me only the CDDR-001 got the ms67 grade. Any of your CDDR-001's have the struck thru debris attributed on the label also? Those might be something to think about too.

EDITED to add....Congrats on your grades.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    I think the big money coins will be the ms68's. Dont feel their will be that many with the way most of these are minted.
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options

<< <i>I think the big money coins will be the ms68's. Dont feel their will be that many with the way most of these are minted. >>

There are not any yet.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I got some top grades. Sent in some nice looking coins and got 36 MS67 along with 32 MS66's which is the top grade that I know of. >>

How many of the CDDR-001's got the ms67 grade and how many of the CDDR-002's got ms67 also? So far for me only the CDDR-001 got the ms67 grade. Any of your CDDR-001's have the struck thru debris attributed on the label also? Those might be something to think about too.

EDITED to add....Congrats on your grades. >>

Thank You! I don't know which got the 67 grades. They were shipped out today fed x, so I should have them tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    I saw an NGC FY 2009 MS68. It sold for over $1047.79 on Ebay.

I couldn't figure out how it got 68 when it had an obverse die clash.

Wouldn't that diminish the grade?
  • Options

NGC is not a good guide to go by on grades.
  • Options

Is there going to be a market for these when the cherry pickers guide comes out. I see one of the error proof 67 coins come out on ebay a

couple of weeks ago and has no action that I can see. I am going to put one of my PR 69 error WDDR 001's on this evening for less than a third

of what he is asking just to see if anybody has any interest at this point.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there going to be a market for these when the cherry pickers guide comes out. I see one of the error proof 67 coins come out on ebay a

couple of weeks ago and has no action that I can see. I am going to put one of my PR 69 error WDDR 001's on this evening for less than a third

of what he is asking just to see if anybody has any interest at this point. >>

Good Luck.

I sold a couple at $500+ back in 2009 after that one fellow sold a PR69DCAM for a $2,500 BIN.

I don;t know hopw much activity will get generated with a new CPG but I'll certainly be watching.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750

<< <i>I really thought I would get some 68's though. >>

You should crack and resubmit those. I haven't sent anything to ANACS in quite a while but do they use the plus grading system?

<< <i>I couldn't figure out how it got 68 when it had an obverse die clash.

Wouldn't that diminish the grade? >>

No, clash marks do not affect the grade. Although, I can see how many collectors would prefer an MS68 w/o the die clash.
  • Options
    As far I know I have the only known copy of the proof WDDR-003; the discovery piece.

Think it's worth slabbing?
  • Options
    Another great old thread from the past.
    It sure will be great to see the new cherry pickers guide this year.
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    I only do PCGS and their submissions are way too high for variety's. image
  • Options
    I would not do PCGS on them either but the money right now is on the ANACS graded coins. The grading is very good and later on when the host decides to grade them you can always get them switched over to PCGS is you so desire. I have had over 600 graded so far and have done very well selling them.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I only do PCGS and their submissions are way too high for variety's. image >>

Cut back to $18 now. This represents a $4 difference if you factor in that the Handling Charge went from $8 to $10. Still a bit pricey if you also factor in the costs for grading.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    $18 is not bad . ANACS is $17 right now unless you do bulk, then you can get it down to maybe even $10 or $12
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guy's, just wondering why we started a "NEW" thread about the 2009 Form. Year Lincoln? No more " Double DieHard " thread?image I found it 30 pages back and I was the last to post Jan. 26?image Does it have anything to do with the mishap to the OP (Onedollarnoholler)?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file