Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS colectors are mis understood

I ran acrossed this on a well known forum full of coin colectors. I wanted to share!Opinion on colecting PCGS coins
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    That's funny. image

Are people that lazy that they can't do some legwork themselves??
    Hey, let him (her?) crack it out & throw it into the bullion bag.
    Blind faith in the admin of the site. image

Not sure if I would say we're misunderstood....maybe the admin just doesn't realize that coins graded by top tier TPG carry a premium?
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    goingbroke, is that your thread at cointalk that you linked here?

It seems you and 'Yankee' @ Cointalk have the same MO for cracking out high grade bullion to throw in your bullion bags

Anyway, the admin over at that site should have clarified his response to say that he doesn't value the bullion coin any more than the spot price due to the slab.
    Lots of collectors will pay a premium for a slabbed bullion coin.
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Now I'm wondering if goingbroke is a............

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he doesnt know if a half ounce of gold is a good buy at $435 when its $870 an ounce but he has a bag to crack the coin out and throw it into....
    seems strange
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Goingbroke and Yankee both cracked out PCGS gold, they both got a good deal on the gold coin, and they both joined the Cointalk and Pcgs forums in May 2009.

My opinion is that Yankee over on the cointalk forum is an idiot, but goingbroke here on the PCGS forum is much smarter than that troll!

You are you kidding?! image
  • Options
    Call us what they will, but if they're devaluing high grade coins by cracking them out of holders and tossing them around, scratching them up, and forgoing the opportunity to sell the coin for more than they seem to think it's worth to people like us who are perfectly willing to pay the extra amount, then it is THEY who are the idiots.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    This thread has me so confused.
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Bag O' Bullion colectors(sic) are misunderstood. image
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    "Thanks for the answer! I will take your word as a expert and crack the coin out of the PCGS holder and just add it to my bullion bag."

Another decent coin bites the dust.
  • Options
    It's in a holder with the high grade because it's NOT scratched up! Keep it in the holder, sell it for more than the bullion price, and use the profits to buy extra bullion! It's that bloody simple. To call us morons is, well, the sort of thing I refer to when calling something ELSE stupid!
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    +1
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08