Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1921 Exhibits

Has anyone ever spent any considerable time working on this set? There are only six current sets on the registry, but I am seriously considering attempting to complete the set. Its only 64 cards and has some of the great players of the era, including Cobb, Johnson, Hornsby, Ruth, and Speaker. I find the full-card black and white photographs beautiful, even in lower grades. It would be the only set I've ever worked on without baseball-related content on the backs (these backs are completely blank).

Any thoughts on the difficulty of this set? The entire set only has 749 graded specimens, and even the Ruth only has 32 total. Most cards top out at PSA 6 or 7. I've been following it on eBay for about a month, and it looks pretty tough. Many of the cards don't sell because the sellers set unreasonably high starting bids. I'm thinking I may just try and complete it in PSA 3 or better, no qualifiers, and try to pick up most of the set raw and then pop it. I'm not working on any set from the 20s, and there just aren't many to choose from. Any suggestions/personal experiences with this set?