Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Before I crack this out??

Before I crack this card out of its holder is there anything else besides a surface wrinkle I should look for??
Having this in hand, I still don't see anything on the surface that makes this a PSA 5.

Mark
--------------------------------------------
NFL HOF RC SET

Comments

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    wow nice card
    gotta think there's a wrinkle somewhere front or back
    sometimes its hard to see thru the holder
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I had an 89 UD Griffey grade a psa 5 recently. When I resubed it I got a psa 9. Who knows what one grader sees over another. I would definitely crack and resub. I would have a hard time believing that it would grade any less than a 5.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I had a 1961 Fleer Bob Cousy get a 5....I was just shaking my head because it came from a flawless set that I had broken up....when I cracked and resubbed, it got an 8.......if you don't see anything, break it out.....
  • Options
    As was probably the case with John's Griffey that went from 5 to 9, the Bench has a small wrinkle somewhere that you are missing. Probably tough to see while it's slabbed.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    do you want to sell the Bench as it is?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'd definitely crack that bad boy and re submit.

Much to gain right there, at worst it comes back a 5 again.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Crack and send. Like Steve said, the worst that happens is it comes back a 5 again. If you see a wrinkle after you crack it, sell it raw (with full disclosure about the wrinkle).
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Submit it again , it looks nice, but some wrinkles are very tough to find especially not with the correct lighting.
    Like Steve says worst case it comes back a 5 again.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    That's a beauty!
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    If the Topps mfg. process is anything like O-Pee-Chee, there might be a faint printing wrinkle (roller mark) running down from the top of the card through his face. My 69 OPC Bench has it image

If you do crack it - good luck on the regrade!
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards