Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

interactive Computers at all Coin Shows or Coin Shops

sitting here i think if you had a computer that list all pcgs ngc or even grey sheet listing at coin shows or coin shops would this help with the buyer decision of how much they will pay or would you lose money would you make money with more intellegence or intellegent buyers

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Some dealers subscribe to a system called "Intelliquote". "Intelliquote" provides real-time pricing information for coins graded by PCGS, NGC, ANACS and ICG that includes Greysheet, Bluesheet, CCE and auction records. The system isn't cheap, it costs about $20000 to get set up and that does not include monthly subscription fees.

Remember that obtaining access to information isn't the real battle. The real challenge is learning how to interpret the information you have and that not everybody is good at doing that.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    I dont think it would do anything really. Most collectors that I see at shows jsut carry the greysheet around with them. I also see alot of dealers pull out the grey sheet to look at pricing before giving a customer a quote. Any good coin collector should have an idea of what to pay before paying for a coin anyway.
  • Options
    well that was the point most intellegent buyers carry a grey sheet or sellers but what about people that arent into buying coins they are just passers or walk through's
    like i said would you lose money if you had a interactive computer that listed coin values and no not a computer you could update etc lol period
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As pointed out sometime ago, we collectors have been known to have full access to info, collection want list, etc., via the iphone. You would think dealers are doing it now.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file