Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

So, any big surprises in the Registry Sets?

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any major upsets? image

Just wondering, GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

<< <i>Any major upsets? image

Just wondering, GrandAm image >>

You got somethin' to do with that new MPL set that just show'd up, brother? It jumped out of the bushes yesterday.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to say that I must have spurred interest in the Low Ball Ike Set since I got knocked down to third spot! image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that there's some real movement in the MPL arena. I was starting to wonder where all the players went.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You got somethin' to do with that new MPL set that just show'd up, brother? >>

Curly,

While them MPL sure are purty they are just a tad bit out of my price range image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    I think I finally have a #1 set for an award... it only took almost 10 years to afford.

It will take another 10 (or 20) to upgrade those that need it.

Steve

LINKIFIED
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    One of the biggest surprises ever will be if someone ever dethrones Gerald Forsythe as the Buffalo nickel king.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I finally have a #1 set for an award... it only took almost 10 years to afford.

Steve

LINKIFIED >>

Wow, that's a pretty sweet set!!

I too was surprised that my 1909 Mint Set made it to #1 too image
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I finally have a #1 set for an award... it only took almost 10 years to afford.

Steve

LINKIFIED >>

Steve,

Congrats! Nice set.

I know how you feel. My Mercury Dime set with Varieties should have made it. I put it up the morning of June 30. I have been working on the varieties for a number of months. The rest of the set was completed years ago, but would never have been able to get a number one set unless there was something like this happen were there simply was a tough time finding and grading the varieties. Three of the coins are the only ones graded so far, and with what has been graded so far the set can only get 97% complete. As far as the varieties go I had all but two of the coins graded myself. What a job finding these things.

If anyone has any of the varieties I don't have send me a PM if they are for sale.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay