Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Brothers, there's a new dog in the fight, and it's a big'un!

Check out Angels Assemblage in the MPL registry. Looks like a set to contend with.

One of you educated brothers link it up please.
Every man is a self made man.

Comments

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    Why all the sudden all the movement???
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always did wonder where in the heck those coins bought at auction ended up when none ever showed up on anyones registry set..until now. Nice set.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Check out the picture of the 1909 VDB PR66RB, the obverse has amazing toning that kind of reminds me of the NGC PR68RB "star" VDB that I saw at Central States in 2008.

Angels' Assemblage
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why all the sudden all the movement??? >>

I for one am glad to see it. Bigger parties are always more fun.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Check out the picture of the 1909 VDB PR66RB, the obverse has amazing toning that kind of reminds me of the NGC PR68RB "star" VDB that I saw at Central States in 2008.

Angels' Assemblage >>

That IS a pretty VDB!!

imageimage
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a coin or two from wineguy's set ... he recently consigned it all to Angel Dee's for sale. You are right that it looks like the NGC 68 coin, but I don't think it is.
    Doug
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see a coin or two from wineguy's set ... he recently consigned it all to Angel Dee's for sale. You are right that it looks like the NGC 68 coin, but I don't think it is. >>

Doug,

I know for a fact it is not, but the obverse somewhat resembles the NGC PR68RB* coin.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options

<< <i>I see a coin or two from wineguy's set ... he recently consigned it all to Angel Dee's for sale. You are right that it looks like the NGC 68 coin, but I don't think it is. >>

I see the fingerprints of Andy S. in yet another high end collection! IMHO, both 1909s are magnificent.

Beautiful set! image

• Options
    In my opinion the 1909 VDB PR66RB looks like a very nice toner but that's it. It does not look like the PR68RB NGC coin hardly at all. I saw the NGC PR68RB with the star designation in hand and the photo of this PR66RB VDB seems about a million miles away from that utterly magnificent NGC coin. In keeping with the spirit of the 4th of July, the above PR66RB VDB is like a cherry bomb while the NGC coin is more like an atomic bomb. I recall only the slightest resemblence between obverses of the two coins; the reverses are completely different. I would say the NGC PR68 seems closer to the 1915 in PR67BN pictured below than it looks like the VDB in PR66RB pictured above, except that the NGC coin is even more beautiful than the 1915, as the NGC PR68RB displays a seamless blend of concentric rainbows of different, delicate pastel colors. Put yet another way, PCGS says the above VDB is "only" a 66, whereas I firmly believe that PCGS would 67 the NGC coin in a HEARTBEAT.

I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • Options
    Very impressive....