Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Speaking of refractors- sell or not

I've been pondering selling some of my high value cards (Griffeys) to bring down some debt in the household. My wife makes great money, and I'm a stay at home dad with our 7 month old, but I've been thinking that selling would relieve stress in the home. Someone asked about the stay value of refractors, and I have to ask the same thing, but with Griffey....not trying to be biased, but his cards to have higher value than others. Should I hold onto these, or sell? My set has pictures, and I've thought about selling everything.....not just the refractors and xfractors

Maybe crack and sell:

imageimage

Like I said, I linked my set since it has pics....because I've been thinking of selling everything

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Well brother I have certainly been there. I sold a good chunk of my Griffey's a couiple years ago.
    I would be interested in the 3 99 Finest Golds and the 2003 Black and the Gold if you decide to sell.

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    If you are only referring to Griffey, I would wait until the end of the season at least. If he retires, that will be the time to sell and maximize your return.

BTW, some really nice Griff refractors there.
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    AWESOME cards CNote! I'd hate to give up anything of my cherished cards, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

The nice thing about baseball cards is, you can sell what you have today, and likely see them again later down the road.
    If you HAVE to sell, they may not be gone forever.

...and by all means, I would NOT crack out ANY of those cards. PSA 9's are pretty solid, you have nothing less than that.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I agree, I don't think I would crack them out either. From what I have seen, rare Griffey refractors and inserts are selling very well lately in raw or graded form.

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Say "NO!" to crack CNote. Nice stuff and many of us have been where you are. Sell what you feel you have to, but things have a way of evening out and being okay.