Home U.S. Coin Forum

ok, i know its here somewhere... the link to verify pcgs coins

ive done a search and come up empty. i have a few pcgs coins id like to verify can someone please post the link ?

Comments

• tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Only PCGS, personally, can verify a PCGS coin. You can look up a cert number and see if it matches what the coin slab says, but with counterfeits, it does not help as those folks steal real numbers from where ever they can.
    Tom

• << <i>Only PCGS, personally, can verify a PCGS coin. You can look up a cert number and see if it matches what the coin slab says, but with counterfeits, it does not help as those folks steal real numbers from where ever they can. >>

Yes, this is why they need to take photos of everything and post them online.
  • heck, i thought there WAS photos !
  • DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>

<< <i>Only PCGS, personally, can verify a PCGS coin. You can look up a cert number and see if it matches what the coin slab says, but with counterfeits, it does not help as those folks steal real numbers from where ever they can. >>

Yes, this is why they need to take photos of everything and post them online. >>

NGC takes photos of their slabbed coins that allows you to verify them online. This is a huge help for collectors, IMO, and they do the same thing for re-holdering. Even though many of my coins were graded years ago, I had them re-holdered and the pictures now show up in the NGC database.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file