Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just thinking about the "flavor of the Month posts" and how they just go away....

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fractional Buffalos
UHR's
Six Finger Abes

and so on and so on.................

Comments

• adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Change is good.

Heh.
  • rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Kind of like your focus on copper. image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. thank God I got about fifty more Gold Dollars to go, so that should be a steady image

• MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I gotta admit my first thought was that at the current rate it will soon be Ambro's gold dollar posts. Sorry. image

[edited to add: please keep them coming & I admire your enthusiasm!]
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
    C'mon Mikey you know youre Luvvin it!

imageimage
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing lasts like a tootsie roll, 'cept maybe a jelly roll or an OBW.
    Off topic, I met a guy today. He has over 9,000 original bank wrapped rolls of cents. Just thought I'd toss it out here for anyone to read regarding flavor.
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah. thank God I got about fifty more Gold Dollars to go, so that should be a steady >>

At least for a couple weeks until you finish the set anyway.

• ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah. thank God I got about fifty more Gold Dollars to go, so that should be a steady >>

At least for a couple weeks until you finish the set anyway.

image >>

I'll be very surprised if it takes that long.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set (gold dollars) is nearly impossible to finish. The key is the 1849-C Open Wreath with only four known.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Surprisingly, like chatting about Monica Lewinski's handbag business, after the subject is completely talked out, people move on.

peacockcoins

• MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This set (gold dollars) is nearly impossible to finish. The key is the 1849-C Open Wreath with only four known. >>

Hmmm...yeah, that might delay ambro a little...maybe even as long as a month. image
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This set (gold dollars) is nearly impossible to finish. The key is the 1849-C Open Wreath with only four known. >>

With that said Ambro we would all appreciate it if you started a supplimental collection to fill in for the long thread voids of those final gold piecesimage
    I take the view of NGC and classify the 1849 C open wreath as a non-competitive display coin, therefore, its not one that need be considered to "complete" the set.

easy as that image

Even so, in the World of huge rare whale coins, at 250 K its never out of the question. One lucky lottery pick (not that I play), or my wife saying "go ahead, sell my mothers house and let her come and move in with us, Honey, I know you want that teeeeeeny little gram and a half gold coin so much", not that that is likely to happen since the old lady would trip over one of our cats in about six seconds......

The set can certainly be completed. I was talking with a dealer rep today who told me he helped a painter in California build the set eight years ago....he sold it three years ago and made a healthy profit.

Im working on the tough stuff first......let the common ones come as they may, in the grade and appearance I find interesting for the year and mint. Some of the worst value/rarity coins I feel are the coins from the 80's. There are lots of them, they were saved in great numbers, never seen circulation and are common. Yet, they bring huge money. Quite the paradox when some of the earlier coins that are 20 times more scarce, sell for less. Interesting...........

Life is short, enjoy the ride image

BTW I thought I **WAS** starting a side set, of old time counterfeits of gold dollars, little did I know the one I though was a fake dollar turned out to be an R 6 California Fractional Gold Token...........$9.50 (damn ebay)

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file