Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Are dealers allowed to post on the BST?

I wonder because I posted something yesterday and the thread appears to have been nuked.
Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope your thread was not nuked because you're a dealer, Andy. image
    That would be particularly sad. It takes two to tango. That's half the reason I picked my name. For the purposes of buying/selling/trading.

Incidentally, do you know who might give me $320 for this coin ?
    Would you send me a certain coin "on approval" ? ( image You know the one )
    Joe

P.S.

The floor is open....

• commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    Dealers can post.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    "Are dealers allowed to post on the BST?"

Yes.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    No Way!!!

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    They are allowed to post and their prices tend to be more reasonable.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure they can post.
    What was in your post? Just coins and prices? Commentary? Did you bump it more than once a day? Did it turn into a flame war?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• << <i>I wonder because I posted something yesterday and the thread appears to have been nuked. >>

Just a guess here...but as I recall, it was a for a lot of 1964 Canadian dollars and the last I saw they were sold...

Perhaps the SM was just doing a little house cleaning and saw no reason to leave a "sold" thread on the forum... never saw it happen before but I guess it is a possibility...

A little PM to the SM would probably clear things up.
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are dealers allowed to post on the BST? >>

Yes! and please do so Andy.image

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wonder because I posted something yesterday and the thread appears to have been nuked. >>

Just a guess here...but as I recall, it was a for a lot of 1964 Canadian dollars and the last I saw they were sold...

Perhaps the SM was just doing a little house cleaning and saw no reason to leave a "sold" thread on the forum... never saw it happen before but I guess it is a possibility...

A little PM to the SM would probably clear things up. >>

What? The post was for Canadian coins? Yep....I can see why it would be nuked now image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• The thread was marked SOLD

I clean out all sold threads to make room for the live stuff. It makes for a cleaner board.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The thread was marked SOLD

I clean out all sold threads to make room for the live stuff. It makes for a cleaner board. >>

And that way if you missed some amazing bargain you will spare yourself the agony of defeat. I have gotten some great deals on the BST, but also hit the trigger just too late on more than a few. If I don't see them, I don't miss them.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The thread was marked SOLD

I clean out all sold threads to make room for the live stuff. It makes for a cleaner board. >>

.........things are clear now.image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clean out all sold threads to make room for the live stuff. It makes for a cleaner board.

That's logical. Thanks.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

• << <i>That's logical. >>

I have my brief moments in spite of rumors to the contrary. image

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope your thread was not nuked because you're a dealer, Andy. image
    That would be particularly sad. It takes two to tango. That's half the reason I picked my name. For the purposes of buying/selling/trading.

Incidentally, do you know who might give me $320 for this coin ?
    Would you send me a certain coin "on approval" ? ( image You know the one )
    Joe

P.S.

The floor is open.... >>

Whatever !
  • Nice to see you did the right thing
    Whare did you get it from???