Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Question for you card guys.

Hello all, being one of the coin nerds I feel a little strange coming over here. But that said I have a question. I love autograph cards, and have a few complete sets. One of the last sets I finished was the Star Trek 2009 movie set.

Is it worth getting these graded and slabbed? I know with coins, it's nice to have a complete set slabbed just for slabbing sake. Is it the same over here?

sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, but I'm just wondering!!

Thanks
Marty
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    It all depends on you. Are you looking to make a profit or are you just looking to display them slabbed or raw? Personally, I would rather deal with graded cards even just for display. The cards being protected in their case is going to look nice for display and the cards in high grade will bring a good dollar if you are looking to sell. Treat those cards like your coins. Take care of them and appreciate them.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking, some cards are not cheap. And a set of mint - near mint cards holdered would be very cool!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!