Home U.S. Coin Forum

Crossover and truview question

dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
Perhaps this is for customer service, but I thought I'd throw it out here first. If I send a coin in for a crossover and a truview, but the coin is a DNC, do they still keep the fee for the truview?
While I'm at it, since there's no official truview box to check I assume you just write it on the line marked "other," yeah?
Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.

Comments

• The last time sent in a crossover they would not True View it. They returned the fee.
    Missing My Life -PSA-Please Watch- 30 seconds could help someone you know

"If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around to hear it. Am I still wrong?"
  • labloverlablover Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS does not offer the TrueView service on crossovers.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS does not offer the TrueView service on crossovers. >>

Even if the coin crosses?
    Paul
  • dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS does not offer the TrueView service on crossovers. >>

I just called customer service and this is correct. PCGS does not truview crossovers. WTH is the thinking behind that? So if I want this coin Truviewed I have to crack it first and hope it grades or get it crossed and send it BACK in for a reholder and truview. I simply don't understand that policy, but oh well...
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    It's simply a logistics issue where if one or some of the coins don't cross they can't take the photo's so they just don't offer it period. It's kind of like them not allowing multiple types of submissions on the same form which is also ridiculous.

If you are going to cross at any grade you might as well crack it out and send it in a flip, then you can get the TrueView service without any additional trips.
  • dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you are going to cross at any grade you might as well crack it out and send it in a flip, then you can get the TrueView service without any additional trips. >>

True, but I wasn't planning to cross at any grade. Besides, if it crosses I can just send it to you for picture taking image
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If you are going to cross at any grade you might as well crack it out and send it in a flip, then you can get the TrueView service without any additional trips. >>

True, but I wasn't planning to cross at any grade. Besides, if it crosses I can just send it to you for picture taking image >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file