Home Sports Talk
Options

Lane Kiffin gets committment from 13 year old to play for Vols

I guess they are never too young to recruit them.

Vols get commitment from 13-year-old
Nothing in recruiting surprises me anymore. And nothing involving Lane Kiffin really surprises me anymore. So, here you go:

Tennesee has received a commitment form 13-year-old Evan Berry, younger brother of Vol player Eric Berry. Part of the 2013 recruiting class, the quarterback/safety will start high school this year.

"It's the only college I know and it seems the best for me," Evan Berry told Rivals.com. "My dad went there and my brother is there now. I know I can do the same things there. I have a real friendly relationship with the coaches there. I know I don't know them too well but I know I will have plenty of time to get to know them."

Ain't that the truth?

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Thank god he can't sign for another 4 years because it's not like anything he's doing now is set in stone.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just stupid thats all
  • Options

<< <i>Just stupid thats all >>

Yep...That pretty much sums it up.
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    So what exactly does this kid get? If he gets hurt in his first HS game and can't play ever again does he still get
    a 4 year paid tuition?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>So what exactly does this kid get? If he gets hurt in his first HS game and can't play ever again does he still get
    a 4 year paid tuition?

Steve >>

Nope. He's just giving Kiffin his word. He can't sign a LOI until his senior year. Also, he can back out of this commitment at any time. Nothing is set in stone until you sign on the dotted line.

BTW: LOI= Letter of Intent
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I hope Tenn loses every game this year.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    So what is the reason for it?

It will keep other teams from approaching him?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>So what is the reason for it?

It will keep other teams from approaching him?

Steve >>

Yeah pretty much. But recruitings pretty scummy. USF signed a Defensive End last year and a week after he committed, USC sent a recruiter to his house to try and get him to change his mind. Thank god he didn't.

This little kid has a long way to go. My little brother's 13 and I just couldn't imagine him making a decision like this. However, I'm pretty sure his dad and older bro made the decision for him.