Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What would you grade this 1934 Balboa ?

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Photography by COINPICTURES.......!
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Cleaned UNC Details?

Georgeous reverse!

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit out of my area, but will say 64. The apparent scratches seem to be in planchet prep as they do not carry on to the devices or lettering on the obverse - still they may detract the grader and do me a bit. Otherwise would go 65. Reverse very nice.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cleaned UNC Details?

Georgeous reverse! >>

Die polish lines and/or on slab. Not scratches on coin.
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    MS65
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66 but dipped. Not that that matters to most people--myself included. I don't think those are scratches, either. Die polish.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    64. Very nice. Best looking '34 I've seen.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I am going to give it a 64 for the hits on the cheeks. Very nice coin.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    COINPICTURES camera and his skill picked up pretty much everything on the coin. Those are die polish lines......NGC thinks it is a 66.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>COINPICTURES camera and his skill picked up pretty much everything on the coin. Those are die polish lines......NGC thinks it is a 66. >>

Who's your daddy! image

Great coin. Beautiful design and heavy strike.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    This coin, when compared to my experiences with the way PCGS grades Swiss 5 francs would come down as a high end 65. image

Nice coin surfaces no matter what the number, and remember this image is only about 6x larger than the real coin which reveals many more "sins" than 99% of the people could "see" with their naked eye.

Did this issue come wrapped in papers, or were they in cotton bags like Morgans?

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...and remember this image is only about 6x larger than the real coin which reveals many more "sins" than 99% of the people could "see" with their naked eye. >>

Yup. That's one of the dangers of high-resolution pictures. Far more flaws are discernable and/or appear to be accentuated than if you were simply viewing the coin in hand (unless you're using a 10x loupe).
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Great coin, I am working on those too. That and the '31 are tough to find in high grades.

I actually bought a 1931 that looked great, but it got lost in the mail on the way to me, major bummer.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?