Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

akuracy503..Just so you know and there are no false illusions...

akuracy503,

I don't understand why you wanted to know who I was, or how much money I make, or if my collection was legitimate, that I worked for topps...etc..

Heres what I will say so I can put your mind to ease and hopefully answer some of your questions.

My father always wanted a boy but to his surprise I came out..my sister born 3 years after me was more of the girly girly type. I on the other hand, hung out with my dad all the time, we went to all the games together, Bulls, Bears, and Cubs. I grew up having my dad quiz me on various players, stats, how to keep score at the ball games, etc. We watched football every sunday together, he knew Dick Butkus and I would goto the bar with him and he and Dick would talk for hours about everything except football. I loved evey moment of it. When something broke in the house I learned how to fix it with my Dad and we worked on everything from electrical, to building wood cabinets, to replacing garbage disposals. When I grew up I actually ended up being the operations manager for Home Depot when Bernie and Art owned it. I left Home Depot a few short years before it was sold by Bernie and Arthur Blank.
I now own my own business and have done so for the last 5 years.

My love for collecting goes back to the time my dad and I would goto the five and dime on milwaukee ave. in Chicago and buy cards when I was a little girl and we would sit and put them in binders. My dad still has several thousand cards in his collection that he will one day pass on to me. I hope that day never comes, but when it does I will cherish it like nothing I ever have.
My dad no matter how much I tell him about PSA will never get his cards graded, as he is an ol timer and just says, I'm not into it for the money, I just love looking at these old cards.
Thats how I got hooked on cards, and why I collect them today.

As far as my collection being real...here are pictures I took when I got home today.. While I know I didn't owe you this explination, I fealt I would do so since you questioned me so publicly, I would answer in the same light.

Case of 74, and 76 Vending, plus a case of 75 Rack packs ( regular issue, not mini's)

Picture of the 75 Rack Packs

Picture of the 76 Vending

Picture of the 74 Vending

Pictures of my collection tucked away in the vault:

Pictures of some of the cards I have on my wall I get to look at each day:

and lastly this is me..When you see me at a card show..chicago or the national make sure you come up and say hi.

I hope that all your questions were answered...

Regards,

Felicia
The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• That's a pretty sick collection. Almost makes me glad I've got a touch of OCD...

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    GREAT stuff!!!!!!!
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Good to see you posting again regularly Felicia... your threads are always exciting to go through.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice story and some incredible pictures as well.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Felicia,

I appreciate your thoughtful answer to a somewhat ignorant request. After all of the heartache you've gotten out of the forum as of late, I'm glad this didn't make you want to turn away again.

As always, it's great to look at your collection.

Ross
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I appreciate Felicia being candid here but does anyone wonder why we don't have many of the bigger collectors out there as members anymore?????????

Can't people be happy for others and appreciate their collections and not be jealous????

I love the fact there are people with collections like these, makes me want to work harder to join them.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing Felicia, you have a fantastic collection!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Awesome Collectionimage

Thanks for sharing.
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭

Nice reply Felicia. And your collection totally kicks butt!

Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I'm impressed . Very thoughful answer and nice collection to boot .

Thanks for sharing---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Awesome collection and thanks for sharing.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice collection!

Oh and very nice profile image

Thanks for the pics! image
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    You don't owe that guy anything - but I enjoyed the story about your dad nonetheless. Family is what starts so many people collecting and that's why cards are such a fantastic heirloom between grandparents, parents and their kids
  • Wow! Very cool collection!
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Felicia Unbelievable Collection!! Congrats on your cards.
    I think it's really cool that you enjoy your cards with your dad! I wish my Girl would show some interest in cards but still at age 14 she still could care less.
    I guess that part will never happen.
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Hi Felicia,

I wanted to publicly say to you that I had no intentions of putting your name in a negative spotlight.

I messaged you shortly after I posted that question this morning and apologized for the negative turn the thread took, I appreciate your good hearted response.

Maybe it was in better taste to ask you casually through a private message after introducing myself.
    I figured it was a question a lot of us had in our minds?

A lot of off topic accusations, none of us are "jealous", questioning the authenticity of your collection or wanted to know about your income.

I figure we can all act like family here in the PSA forum, since we all share a common interest.

We all have unique backgrounds behind our passion for the hobby and you just shared a great story about yours.

Your name and this forum just became a better place because we just got to know you for more than the name "Felicia".

I'd love to buy you drinks and talk hobby if I ever met you one day.
    Thanks again for the classy response.

Regards.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome collection!!

Also a class act by taking the high road to the pondscum that tried to call you out.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff Felicia!

BTW, wanna give me a hand as I'm just finishing up putting a new vanity and sink in the powder room and had to trim down the 1 1/2" pipe and convert to 1 1/4" to fit the new P-Trap. Ugh, I hate learning on the job! Now it's time to set the vanity and caulk the splash plates...

And just an FYI, I went ot HD to get most of the plumbing supplies... image
  • Felicia, although your "credibility" has never been in question in my eyes (it's a messageboard..who cares anyway LOL) thanks for taking the time to put together that post, it is a very intriguing read. Your collection is amazing and in my typical guy mentality, I must say your quite easy on the eyes image (please take that as a compliment, LOL) Keep up the good work and keep posting - This place is MUCH better with you here!!!

Jim
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Felicia,
    You have a wonderful collection. Nicely displayed and it looks well organized. Also that's a very nice story on your collecting background and how you got started. Thanks for sharing your collection with us.

Cardbender
  • Great collection Felicia, but an even better story thanks for sharing even though you really didn't need to explain anything.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i think i'm in love. image
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Great collection. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing other people's passions.
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Dagnabbit, those "dad got me started collecting" stories always make me all mushy. My Pops thinks I am nuts for "paying more than a quarter for a piece of cardboard".

I'm jealous of you guys who share this hobby with another close family member be it father, wife, child, or other.

As long as you are in a sharing mood, Felicia, I believe I saw a big ol' rock on your finger in one of the 1975 case rip photos, so I assume you are married. I was curious as if your husband shares your cardboard addiction?

As always, awesome photos... I would love to explore that vault and see what footbally goodness it contains.

Snorto~
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Now that's a collection! Thanks for the pics!
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Very thoughtful response. The stories of you and your dad are heartwarming to say the least.

You obviously didn't have to justify anything to anyone on here, but I certainly recognize the classiness of your response.

• leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    great collection and thanks for giving us a look!
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pictures, and storyimage
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • A whole case of 75 racks... boy would that be a fun evening. Nice to read some background. I love your posts and live vicariously through them. Glad to see you posting again.

• BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Great story Felicia. And an awesome collection!!!

My dad was more the type to throw things out than collect something. I'm not sure how I got started.

But I hope years from now, my 12 year old speaks as highly of me as you do of your father.

As for my daugher, I'm trying, but she only likes Heritage, and quite frankly, I think she's in it for the gum.

shawn

• I for one.....will confess to be totally jealous of felicia's collection.........but not in bad way.........image
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I bet Felecia is getting lots of date offers now! Great collection, attractive gal, and incredibly polite response. That PM is probably blowing up!

• Very impressive collection.
    imageimageimage
  • Felicia,

Thank you for sharing the story about you and your father. He sounds like a good father. As a father to two young boys I really appreciate the way he got you involved in his life and he in yours. That is rare.

Regarding your collection, although you have some great cards and sets, I really like your passion to collect. I think that is missing with many people.
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I am in love.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Great story Felicia. And an awesome collection!!!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    nice response and some fantastic cards, felicia.

take care. eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Great stuff.

Out of curiosity, I've got to ask: why do you stack the slabs like that on the shelf? It seems like having slabbs stacked, 3 stacks deep on a shelf would make browsing the collection a tough.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic.
    The cards are great, too...

If you want to sell any of those 76 vending, LMK.
  • I was happy waiting for the autobiography due out this fall, to be honest.

Great post Felicia, you two have a collection worthy of posting!
  • Great Post....I think we need more threads like this one instead of so many negative ones . It would make an interesting one
    if one was started giving information and photos that are willing to be shared
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭

Great collection and great picture, thanks for sharing. image
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Hi Felicia...I think it's only fair that we members start introducing ourselves instead of hiding behind our monitors...

I'll be at nationals next year, perhaps we can say hello then.

Here is me...the "moron" they speak of...thanks again for responding.

Are you on Facebook? Would love to meet a new friend on there.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it's only fair that we members start introducing ourselves instead of hiding behind our monitors... >>

A large majority of us have introduced ourselves link.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Awesome story! And WOW what a SICK collection, congrats!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt even Dimitri Young could top that collection of cards, LOL! If you ever decide to sell off a few of those 75 racks packs, please let me know! Very nice!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    My names Mark, im addicted to Bud Light and Evan Williams. I have collected cards since I was 6, and wouldn't change a thing. I enjoy getting a steal of a deal when sellers aren't knowledgeable on what their selling. I did 4 years in the Marines, 2 combat deployments, and im still here collecting cardboard and autographs. This picture was taken in July 2006 in Iraq, notice my dirty face from not being able to shower for almost 3 1/2 weeks, thank god they made baby wipes. I don't think I age very well, which is a good thing, I still look 16, when in fact im 23 and will be turning 24 on July 15th. Welp thats about it folks, im out.....But I do enjoy BUD LIGHT in situations like this one.........

• Awesome collection Felicia !!

I can't get enough of looking at those cases of cards.

• csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    bump...yes i should be on a major card release... i know i know hahahhahahaha....... but i will be apart of a SCN set being printed now