Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I could start a new penny collection....

...with 150 years in prison....image....I even could collect all the state quarters....!!!!.....If I was an an honest man...!!!
..but alas ole' Bernie sang the song "If I were a rich man...ya da la da da da dee...."image
......Larry........image

Comments

• Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...with 150 years in prison....image....I even could collect all the state quarters....!!!!.....If I was an an honest man...!!!
    ..but alas ole' Bernie sang the song "If I were a rich man...ya da la da da da dee...."image >>

Coin and currency are contraband in prison. Maddy won't be startin' any coin collection is what remains of his lifetime.
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    150 years ? REALLY PEOPLE? Why not just sentence people and be realistic "Til Death" should be just fine. What happens to all the tax money set aside for the rest of his term when he finally kicks the bucket? You know the 3 hot and cot now promised. Why not just give him the needle or the chair in a week and save us the taxes. He already took from tax payers and that's why he is there in the first place and now the Judicial system will do the same as him. Sounds to me that we should as tax payers should reconstruct the penalties for crimes.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    He can carve beautiful conterfeit's out of soap....that's about as close as he is going to come in the rest of his lifetime. I hope he enjoyed things while they lasted!!
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to cost him 4K to 5K a month just to stay alive and not become someones whore. Hope he's got
    a bit stashed away for such emergencies.
    bob

Oh and here's a coin, a counterfeit two bit piece for a two bit punk:image
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope he enjoyed things while they lasted!! >>

That is the problem. He did enjoy things mightily while they lasted and I suspect he was intelligent enough to see what was going to happen. This was part of the exit plan.

Unfortunately, there are folks that would do this; spend the prime of their life in extreme luxury at the expense of the latter part of their life.

The authorities need to work hard to rip down absolutely everything he touched. His wife, fortunately did not escape. I suspect there are many more folks who got a benefit from this plan who also need their wealth stripped away.

The only way to stop this sort of behavior is to make it clear that absolutely nobody benefits. Not his kids. Not his associates. Nobody.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>What happens to all the tax money set aside for the rest of his term when he finally kicks the bucket? >>

Are you serious? They don't even set your Social Security you pay into "aside", there is no tax money set aside for criminals, it is all pay as you go. We pay until they go.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What happens to all the tax money set aside for the rest of his term when he finally kicks the bucket? >>

Are you serious? They don't even set your Social Security you pay into "aside", there is no tax money set aside for criminals, it is all pay as you go. We pay until they go. >>

And we pay twice as much for those on death row, with all their automatic appeals and such it takes decades to execute a capital punishment sentence. I've always believed that the criminal who must spend life in the pen is less burdensome on the taxpayer and a better fitting punishment for the most serious of crimes. And if Bernie becomes Bubba's girlfriend all the better.

Fact is, how does the tax paying public extract justice against a schemer like Madow? We can point the finger at lot's of Gov't. types that allowed the crooks to flourish, but at the end of the day we elected the folks who allowed it in the first place so we are duplicitous too.

In a kind of a Caveat Emptor, be careful what you wish for you just might get it. In this case we wanted the capitalistic markets to be free of regulation for so lang so as to allow the Market to determine the best course for the economy without meddling regulators. And Bernie Madoff is the Poster Child for what can go wrong when we're not watching the till as closely as we should.

"Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    Lets hope the next ones are Hank Paulson, Bernanke and the rest of the gangster bankers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file