Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Individual packs from BBCE?

Hello,
i just bought a few packs of 80-81 topps basketball from Baseball exchange.. i was wondering if anyone had bought loose packs from them before and how they made out. i was convinced that every seller on web either searched their wax packs..or at the very least combined packs from boxes after the big cards were already hit. I've heard really good things about that site..so i decided to give it shot.
Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I wouldn't worry about packs from BBCE. They are a class act!
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    BBCE is the only place I will buy loose packs from on the net. Steve is an awsome guy to deal with too. I would rip those packs open in a heart beat.
  • Options
    BBCE is the best on the net . Hands Down . I would never worry when purchasing from them
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    ...only place I buy packs from.

Patrick
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    I hope it works out well for you. The last group rip we did with 80/81 basketball we ended up with cards that looked like they were stored in a Sauna. Gum melted and leached through 5 to 6 cards per pack. I hope he is not pulling from the same stock and has refereshed his supply. On a positive note, the packs were not searched.
  • Options
    The first 3 packs I bought from there were 3 1981 Topps Football Packs and walked away with:
    Joe Montana RC
    Dwight Clark RC
    Franco Harris
    Bob Griese
    and several others

At the time I had the same notion you did,
    You don't need to worry about BBCE, Steve is top notch
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I've been bidding and winning on some of his "junk wax" auctions recently and I've been choosing a few extra packs from his store just to rip when my order arrives. I've got some '84 Topps FB on the way right now in fact :-)

Rodney
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Three things should make folks comfortable dealing with BBCE:

1. They know how to tell if a pack/box/case has been messed with.

2. They will never knowingly sell you merch that has been messed with.

3. If you have a problem with their merch, they will solve the problem.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I bought one of these packs a couple weeks ago. While I did not pull a Bird/Magic RC, the cards I pulled were all nice sharp looking cards.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I have bought lots of pack through orders and group breaks.

A good example of why I trust BBCE: I had a pack of 87-88 Fleer Basketball thrown in with a group break. (Yes, i still collect pre-thugball basketball cards) and on the top of the pack, clearly visible was the Jordan Sticker. A dishonest seller or even a immoral seller could have easily snagged it, he didnt.

Edited to add: I have also bought multiple packs of 81-82 Topps basketball and am 4 for 4 in getting one of the Bird cards in the packs
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    cool.. i actually bought a medley of packs to give out as favors to the guys in my wedding.. some good ones like 80-81 basketball, 84 topps football, 85-86 topps hockey, 84 donruss.. and some terrible ones like 1990 proset.. none of them really collect anymore.. but they all remember how bad series one pro set sucked.. and how great 84 topps or donruss was.. should be fun..

also is anyone planning on getting an 86 fleer box again.. i read through that thread and it was pretty awesome.. i don't know what i could swing. but would def be in for one pack.. not that that really helps or anything.....
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here