Home U.S. Coin Forum

Have you ever visited the Liberty Seated Coin boards?

seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
If you are interested in Seated coins you may find them useful.

Seated Boards
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    Of course, and if you haven't you should. Very detailed knowledge of the series and interesting history is shared by many great people over there.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720
    Couple of times.

Ray
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    It's NOT a "Liberty Seated Coin" board; it's a Liberty Seated Dime board.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720

<< <i>It's NOT a "Liberty Seated Coin" board; it's a Liberty Seated Dime board. >>

It says "Liberty Seated Coins- Message Boards- Yuku", up on top.
    Take a looky.

Ray
  • partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    It's NOT a "Liberty Seated Coin" board; it's a Liberty Seated Dime board

I beg your pardon. There are distinct threads for every denomination. Also there is a catchall thread for topics that relate to all seated coins.

Perhaps you need to spend sometime and explore. I wealth of knowledge can be learned from reading the threads.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I have visited them - highly recommended.
  • WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Is she welcomed there? or is it just older siblings?

• speetyspeety Posts: 5,424

<< <i>It's NOT a "Liberty Seated Coin" board; it's a Liberty Seated Dime board. >>

I have over 100 posts there and not a single one on seated dimes...

A couple with some pretty good collectors/authors of seated coinage though: TDN, Bill Bugert, Gerry Fortin, Mr.Halfdime... you get the idea image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

O and was it down earlier to do some upgrades? I notice the 1872(?) seated dollar at the top of the page is new and when I tried to get on earlier it was not available.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullion is NOT Seated coinage!!!!!!!!!!
  • seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bullion is NOT Seated coinage!!!!!!!!!! >>

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As already noted it is all seated liberty coins and if you are only interested in dime varieties then try this site:

Liberty Seated Dimes

Gerry Fortin has made quite a contribution to collectors with this site and offers one of the best online books available for the series.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet seated coinage was treated as bullion some of the time. How ironic. image

<< <i>

And yet seated coinage was treated as bullion some of the time. How ironic. image >>

Hahahahaha Sounds like TDN just realized he's a bullion collector image

Except for the seated dollars, those are real coins!

• ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Odd. I just noticed that the link to the message boards from Gerry's home page is gone. The board is still very much there, though.

[Edit to add: Looks like it's been rebranded as the LSCC Forum.]

<< <i>O and was it down earlier to do some upgrades? I notice the 1872(?) seated dollar at the top of the page is new and when I tried to get on earlier it was not available. >>

If you were *really* good, grasshopper, you would recognize the Amon Carter 1872-CC even from images as poor as those. image

<< <i>

<< <i>O and was it down earlier to do some upgrades? I notice the 1872(?) seated dollar at the top of the page is new and when I tried to get on earlier it was not available. >>

If you were *really* good, grasshopper, you would recognize the Amon Carter 1872-CC even from images as poor as those. image >>

Haha, I got the year right and it's hard to recognize a coin you've never seen. image

Now if it were the Austin Specimen I woulda had it! ... or as it turns out, the Jack Lee specimen image

• seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    Yes is was pulled of the LSCCWEB.org homepage.

TDN, Speety - you really do know your dollars well

<< <i>TDN, Speety - you really do know your dollars well >>

Ummm I act like i do. image The Carter coins have a very specific toning to them, so much so that a certain 1873-cc was misattributed to the collection! The Austin coin i mentioned is TDNs coin and is an absolute stunner! image

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you were *really* good, grasshopper, you would recognize the Amon Carter 1872-CC even from images as poor as those. image >>

Haha, I got the year right and it's hard to recognize a coin you've never seen. image >>

Which brings us to my point, grasshopper - you cannot be a serious seated dollar collector without owning and memorizing certain catalogs.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Haha, I got the year right and it's hard to recognize a coin you've never seen. image >>

Which brings us to my point, grasshopper - you cannot be a serious seated dollar collector without owning and memorizing certain catalogs. >>

See my PM, and if you'd like to send me certain cataloges, or just the coins from them, i'd be happy to memorize them! image

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's wrong with the board now? I've reapplied for membership since the switch to Tapatalk, have been told to click on a link in an email they send me to validate my request, but they never send an email.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2018 4:59PM

Prior to the software switch, I was able to register on the LSCC forums, even though I wasn't an LSCC member yet.
    So you may be able to do the same thing. Then you can post and probably get the attention of a forum moderator to give your account full privileges. Try the pulldown menu in the upper right corner?
    https://tapatalk.com/groups/seateddimes/index.php

• dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

They are doing their best to stir up interest. I've gotten several promo emails with certain topic headlines in recent weeks. I hadn't logged on for a couple of years.

There are some really good posts on those forums, and a couple of gents had sold me some tougher coins thru the wanted section. An 1860-s VG details quarter chief among them.

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file