Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Thoughts on 71Toppsman?

Any dealings with this eBay seller? Has lots of raw cards up for sale and 100% feedback. I'm OK with overstating condition by a grade, but not OK if cards are trimmed etc.

"Molon Labe"

Comments

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Decent seller.

Should have no problems.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    He does well, he's ok. I think he overstates condition just a tad. I bought some "NM" '57s from him and they were really EXMTs. JMO.
  • ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    I've bought many cards from him and have been generally satisfied. My only complaint is that he mostly advertises his cards as fresh from vending boxes. Once I received such a card ("vending", that is) which had writing on the back. There's no way that could have come "straight" from a vending box. It calls into question the validity of any advertising claims he makes.
    Brett
  • JVetteJVette Posts: 206
    I've bought cards from him. I find that about half are over-graded by a grade or so. Not bad for eBay raw sellers. And I take this into the amount I am willing to bid. Overall above average raw card seller - but you can judge for yourself what that's worth.
    - Jack
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I agree, ymarea, that his use of the word "VENDING" (always in caps!) is tiring.

But his stuff is definitely worth a shot.

Nick
  • MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    It might be worth a shot but you will overpay. Might as well buy from Mintacular image
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    lmao at "vending fresh" commentary...
    RIP GURU
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    He's alright. Cards are sometimes overgraded by a grade or so, but they will be unaltered. Some of the other powersellers out there may have cards that are more accurately described condition-wise, but a trained eye would instantly recognize them as hack jobs.
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    over graded
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10