Home Sports Talk
Options

U-S-A! U-S-A! Up 2-0 at Half..Is This the Day that US Soccer Becomes Relevant On The World Stage?

This has been a great week for US Soccer..we defeat the #1 team in the world (Spain) to reach the finals and now 45 minutes away form a finals victory against Brasil...unreal. Win or lose...fantastic job guys!!!
Collecting:
Dallas Cowboys
SuperBowl MVPs
Heisman Trophy Winers

Comments

• Options
    Huh? USA has a team, cool. I hope they win...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Just like that -- boom boom boom, lost 3-2.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    LOL@SOCCER
    imageRIP
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder if Brazil was just toying with the U.S.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options

<< <i>LOL@SOCCER >>

The weak/shallow mind tends to mock those things that if fails to understand....image
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    nope, nothing changed, generally no one gives a rats ass about soccer.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Thank god I was at the Rays game today and didn't get to see the meltdown live.
  • Options
    in the 2nd half both teams remembered who they are. It is no shame IMHO that US slipped to Brazil, heck the fact that the lead was impressive at all.

The US needs better MF to take pressure away from the defense and put the ball on the otherside more often. When you have 80% of the game happening in front of your goalie, it's only a matter of time before you slip.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options

<< <i>The US needs better MF to take pressure away from the defense and put the ball on the otherside more often. >>

What the heck is MF?
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to guess Mid-Fielders.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    MF= midfield

The team that controls the middle typically controls the game. The midfielders that play for the top Club/National teams are some of the very best athletes in the world.

I love watching football- both types....
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    yes MF is Mid-Fielders

A MF job is handle the middle of the field, stop the ball from going into the defensive third of the field. Also they own the ball in the center third of the field and feed the forwards & Strikers to shoot.

think of the MF in basketball as the point guard that brings the ball up, sets up plays and passes to the dunkers
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>

I love watching football- both types.... >>

Me too. Fall is great over at USF. Our football team is normally pretty good and our mens soccer team is consistently in the top 10 nationally and there's a great atmosphere at the games. We made a run into the Elite 8 last year. We have a couple U-20 and U-18 Mens national team members on our squad.