Home Sports Talk
Options

Alex Cora - congrats on a great job

stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
Giving the home fans a thrill with a hit...yes an actual hit.

Casey Stengel woulda been so proud.

Comments

• Options
    I think that ball from the hit should be presented to the Hall of Fame.
  • Options

<< <i>I think that ball from the hit should be presented to the Hall of Fame. >>

Mets fans would come from miles around just to stare at that ball in awe.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think that ball from the hit should be presented to the Hall of Fame. >>

Mets fans would come from miles around just to stare at that ball in awe. >>

Perhaps Cora's bat that hit the ball could be presented to the Hall as well, along with the game jersey.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    While we are at it lets put the ball that was used when the Philles were asleep and allowed that
    2 base walk in the Hall too. With the note: This ball was used when the defending chumps errr champs
    were losing so often that when a pitcher threw ball 4 the entire team had their heads down and
    an ex Met took advantage of them.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Stevek, you can probably see the ball from Joe Carter's walk off WS homer at the HOF! image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Did anyone see the hit? I heard it was a blooper to right that got caught up in the wind. Alex has done a great job for the Mets this year
    breaking up no hitters.

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Did anyone see the hit? I heard it was a blooper to right that got caught up in the wind. Alex has done a great job for the Mets this year
    breaking up no hitters.

Kevin >>

The Mets signed Cora for the main purpose of breaking up no hitters and the money spent was well worth it in yesterday's game.

Don't anyone say the Mets management doesn't know what they're doing.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    geez kevin is on a roll here all of a sudden. Oh the Mets lost and the phillies finally won a game.

That explains it.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Perhaps the Mets will get two hits today and double their hit production from yesterday?
  • Options

<< <i>Perhaps the Mets will get two hits today and double their hit production from yesterday? >>

...and maybe even get one of those things called a "run"?
  • Options
    Mets batters might be better off just not swinging the bat and hope for walks.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Perhaps the Mets will get two hits today and double their hit production from yesterday? >>

...and maybe even get one of those things called a "run"? >>

Our local American Legion team could get a run off Wang. Unfortunately, the Mets only got 2 -- every other team got at least 5.