Home Sports Talk

Trivia question for intelligent, knowledgeable, well educated baseball fans

stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
Which team is the only team in MLB this season that can win back to back World Series championships?

Hint...this team plays in the greatest city in the world that has the best baseball and football fans.

Comments

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Are we off our meds again ? image

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭
    Which city is the only city that can win back to back World Series... but is a f'ing hell hole 99% of the year with freezing cold winters and hot humid summers!? Love - California (aka: state of perfect weather, beautiful women and lots of sports championships!)
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Trivia question for intelligent, knowledgeable, well educated baseball fans

Well that leaves out Philly fans.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody has gotten the correct answer yet.

Here's another hint...4 of the top 13 home run hitters in the NL play for this team.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    is it the team that had lost like 8 out of 9 going into today and some how stays in first place??

big bust out win today
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

Here's another hint...the greatest third baseman of all time played his entire career for this team.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's another hint...the greatest third baseman of all time played his entire career for this team. >>

The Mets and Howard Johnson
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    scott rolen???
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The team with the 13th best record in baseball?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ill take another ring, but in the course of it I want to see Matt Stairs hit another moon shot off Brox..anything less will be a disappointment.

Kevin
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Which team is the only team in MLB this season that can win back to back World Series championships?

Hint...this team plays in the greatest city in the world that has the best baseball and football fans. >>

Hmmmm . . . . . was it the first MLB team to lose 10,000 games?
  • Just better hope the Philly boys don't have home field advantage.!!
  • Is this team winning about 37% of their home games?

<< <i>Is this team winning about 37% of their home games? >>

maybe
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Here's another hint...the greatest third baseman of all time played his entire career for this team. >>

Chipper Jones.....so, the Braves?
  • KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmmmm . . . . . was it the first MLB team to lose 10,000 games? >>

How about the first athletic team of any sport, at any level of competition, in the history of the world, to lose 10,000 games!