Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

#1 MPL cent collection "Thomas Irwin" now open!

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Cool, wish he had pics image

Oh, and it's also 10,000% RED image
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Cool coins, but I truly dont get why youd have these coins on the registry with no darn pictures. Its a shame, the sets look to be put together really well, but I just cant get excited for a bunch of coin numbers. image

Maybe if its updated one day, Ill be into this set, but with out pics, theres other sets Id rather spend my time looking at.
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    We could all start a collection to have him get some pictures taken. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Pictures would be nice.

Edited to add:

3302 1909 VDB 1C PR67RD 2 0
    3305 1909 1C PR67RD 5 1
    3308 1910 1C PR67RD 3 0
    3311 1911 1C PR66RD 13 0
    3314 1912 1C PR66RD 1 0
    3317 1913 1C PR66RD 25 4
    3320 1914 1C PR67RD 6 2
    3323 1915 1C PR67RD 2 0
    3326 1916 1C PR66RD 3 0
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

A set to be proud of, I'm sure.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • GerryGerry Posts: 456
    Sorry there are no pictures with any of my sets, but that’s not something I have any capability or time to do. Kevin Flynn took pictures of all of these coins last year. I thought he was going to put them all in his book. I guess some are in fact in there, unlabeled.

Perhaps Kevin would be interested in putting all the pictures on a DVD and selling it, for a nominal charge, to anyone who is interested. If you really want pictures, contact him. He has my permission to do it. I’m sure Stewart would give permission to have pictures of his equally great set included on the DVD too.

Gerry (The Thomas Irwin Collection)

• mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Simply Amazing Sets!!!
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Now if Gerry would like to have a "Showdown" anytime,anywhere or anyplace I would welcome it. The only rule that I request is that Drool Bibs be given to anyone who carefully inspects the coins.

IMO images can be deceptive

I would rather see an object in person. I am still a dinosaur or as Gerry would say an anachronism.

Stewart
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

I'll bet $50 that BJ or HRH made Gerry expose his sets to get an award.They made me do it.

Stewart
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see pics but i am not going to pay to see them. On second thought since they are all red i would pay to see 1 of them. I could figure out what the others looked like from 1 pic.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • I too wouldnt pay to see a picture of someones coins. Id like to see them, but not that much.

Whats the point of a registry set if your not going to share the coins and their history?

• SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    I think we Lincoln cent collectors are VERY fortunate to have a few of the very elite join us here on the Set Registry forum to "talk coins". I think the hobby recognizes the great looks of the Stewart Blay collection that was exhibited at the Baltimore ANA last August. Now it is Jerry's turn to join the spotlight. These two gentlemen are apparently also friends and between them they may actually own the very best/highest graded Lincoln cents by date and mintmark in both business strike and proof. There are others who are also building world class Lincoln cent collections and some of them also talk coins here with us. Many more of us are just plain Lincoln cent collectors who enjoy particular areas of the series and conversing with the other people here. Thats why I love my Lincoln cent collection and the communication thru the PCGS coin forum and set registry forum. Steveimage
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice numbers.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear