Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The Lincoln Registry War's are heating up!!!

A lot of movement in the Lincoln registry sets this weekend. With the deadline for set improvement being this Tuesday, and the
Luncheon a little over a month away, this should be an interesting weekend. Will Gerry open up any more of his to view? What
are you seeing out there?imageShag

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUHobby was holding out on me!!!
    Doug
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well don't look at me, I have nothing to post...and even if I did, it would pail to the last rounds recently added. Nice going to all. We are only 5 away from getting everyone of those varieties in PCGS plastic. I would hope that between all the variety collectors those 5 will fall by next July 1st.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without going to the list, I'm going to name the five you are talking about.
    11 d/d rpm1
    30 d/d rpm2?
    42 ddo 3?
    43 d/d rpm 13
    55-d d/horiz. d
    Which will be the last to fall? My guess is the 55 d/ horiz. d athough I've never talked to anyone
    who has had in hand a 43 d/d rpm 13.
    Are these the five you speak of Bob?
    Shag
  • Options
    It could be possible by next year. I know there is at least one 42DDO floating out there in a PCGS mint error holder.
    Doug
  • Options
    Yes, those are the 5. I still wonder why some coins like the 28 Large S is included but the 41 Large S is not. Likewise, the talk of getting the bizillion 2009 DDO and DDR added, I hope the heck not.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, why no love for Murphy's 2006 DDO? (Not the speck of an ear that they have assigned a cherrypicker's number, but the classic DDO) It has doubling over the whole motto, date, and liberty. Not as strong as '95, but I'd say they most exciting DDO since then, hands down...

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    It’s not a matter of whether the 2009’s are worthy of inclusion/recognition. I think it’s just that there are numerous other varieties including RPMs, OMMs, etc., that we ALL wished PCGS should recognize first before we start adding any 2009 cents. The “system” or should I say lack of a system to decide what is in and what is out seems to be (A) up to a few magical people who are rumored to get a phone call asking their opinion if a coin belongs or not, (B) one grader being asked his opinion on the significance – take your pick.

I for one would like to see PCGS form a standing volunteer committee of the variety experts to yeah or nay the coins, and not just because they do or do not feel like including a coin.

WS
  • Options
    dbemikedbemike Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭
    Doug and AU added quite a few nice ones in the past few days.

I just submitted a 1934-D FS 504, tiny hit under Liberty will probably hold back the grade.

imageimage
  • Options
    Nice find Mike!! Bob, I meant to tell you that I bought a 28-s large S from Bill Fivaz recently at an Atlanta coin club meeting. The interesting thing about this is, the S appears to be an S/S/S south and is very prominent. Haven't researched this thru the various websites yet, but couldn't pass it up at 20 dollars. Will try and photo it this week and post. Have you ever seen this on any of your examples? Thanks again for the 25-s DDO. Will eventually send it in to grade. Shag
  • Options
    Great coin Mike!

No Shag, Not heard of a S/S/S on the 28,,But its never too late for a discovery coin...

WS
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments.

I looked on CopperCoins for a 28-S/S/S

1928S-1MM-001
    | S/S/S NORTH & NORTH

1928S-1MM-002
    | S/S/S NORTH & SOUTH
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It’s not a matter of whether the 2009’s are worthy of inclusion/recognition. I think it’s just that there are numerous other varieties including RPMs, OMMs, etc., that we ALL wished PCGS should recognize first before we start adding any 2009 cents. The “system” or should I say lack of a system to decide what is in and what is out seems to be (A) up to a few magical people who are rumored to get a phone call asking their opinion if a coin belongs or not, (B) one grader being asked his opinion on the significance – take your pick.

I for one would like to see PCGS form a standing volunteer committee of the variety experts to yeah or nay the coins, and not just because they do or do not feel like including a coin.

WS >>

Again I'm talking about the 2006 coin, not these finger blotches.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    That 2006 is crazy! I want one. Not as strong as the 95DDO, but agreed, coolest since then by far.
    Thanks for posting that coin. Ive never seen one before now.
  • Options
    Whoops, too much 2009 talk. BUT, 2006 should be posted BEFORE 2009.

WS

• Options
    It's going to be an interesting year in another respect as well.

Fivaz-Stanton not only changed the numbering system (which means I am still learning which varieties are what number), but also renumbered several of the varieties which could pose some issues. For instance, 1910-S/S RPM #1, formerly known as FS-012.7. When F-S published the CPG #4, Volume II, they started the new numbering system and although the Lincolns were not in the book, they listed them in the cross reference in the back of Volume II. At that time, they changed the listing of the 10-S/S to FS-501. Very soon after that, PCGS started attributing the new varieties using the new numbering system.

Now that F-S has published Volume I with the Lincolns in it, they changed that variety to number 502, and added another s/s which previously did not have an FS number. The new one was assigned the number 501.

So now my FS-501 is really an FS-502, and a different 501 will be added at some point.

I just thought some of you might want to be aware of this in case you haven't noticed.

(DCW, I agree with you that the 2006 DDO that you posted would have been a much better one for F-S to assign a number to instead of the "ear" variety. But, I did notice that they did not publish any 2006 in the latest CPG, so it remains to be seen whether they substitute the Murphy 2006 for the "ear" variety)
    Doug
  • Options
    All, Here are pics of the 28-S Large S that has the repunched mintmarks. What can't be seen in the photos is a distinct separation line
    on the bottom S which to me would indicate an S over S under the prominent Large S. Doug, I agree, this change in numbering system
    is going to be extremely confusing. I like the idea of calling an rpm7 an FS-507. That makes sense to me. The 34 D/D above is a very good
    example of why they should have used the rmp # initially. When in doubt, whoop it out, the C/P guide that is!!! Shag

• Options
    I just sent one in for grading so I will have to check my 28 s when I get it back...

WS
  • Options

<< <i>Doug and AU added quite a few nice ones in the past few days.

I just submitted a 1934-D FS 504, tiny hit under Liberty will probably hold back the grade.

imageimage >>

Tough submission after 35 days

Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 14914049 37736 1934-D/D 1C US MS64BN
    2 1 14914050 37828 1944-D/D 1C US Genuine (98 - Damage or Tooling)
    3 1 14914051 37953 1959 1C US MS64RD
    4 1 14914052 37956 1959 1C US MS62RD
    5 1 14914053 37992 1968-D 1C US MS63RD
  • Options
    Nice on the 34-D ... could have gone RB on another day though. Looks like they were pretty rough on the the others.

I just got a couple back graded that had previously BB'd. Also got one back that was in an NGC 66RD holder (cracked out) that is now in a Genuine holder! image
    Doug
  • Options
    Thanks Doug.

The 34-D is really BNer in hand than picture appears, with nice luster. They just shipped today, so I won't have them back for a week to assess the damage.