Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Has anybody ever used checkoutmycards.com to sell their cards?

...seems like a good system. From what I can gather, you send them your cards, they scan the fronts/backs, list your cards, look up their beckett values...but I don't know if you get your cards back or not...and I'm not sure how well the site is.

I'm just looking for an alternative to eBay...

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Comments

• Options
    Why would you send anybody your cards to scan and list??
  • Options
    They do all those things, except they keep the cards in stock there. I bought some from there and it reminds me of the ETopps program because they have an account they will put your cards in. Of course they are real cards from other sellers, and they go in your account and you can either list them for sale or request they be shipped.

It seems like their system will keep people honest because they are the ones shipping the cards. So every card listed by them is in fact real. Not like Ebay with some of the fake auctions.
    Move along folks.......Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I personally have not, however, I have someone that comes into my store a lot and he has done fairly well with lower value cards.

From a buyers standpoint, low dollar cards are not the easiest or most economical to find on the net due to shipping fees. This site will allow you to buy multiple low dollar cards from dozens of sellers and then have them all delivered in one batch. This novelty of an idea actually allows the site to be fairly smooth from the standpoint of selling low dollar items at a reasonable price since buyers can combine them and lower the average cost per card on shipping.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    scooperqprscooperqpr Posts: 438 ✭✭
    sounds like a dam good idea to me
  • Options
    CubsFan41CubsFan41 Posts: 513 ✭✭
    I use them to sell low dollar stuff I don't want to list individually on ebay and have had pretty good success. Also a good place to fill want lists. I wouldn't buy high dollar stuff because the scans aren't as good as I would like to see.
    I would recomend you try them. They have a lot of fees too.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I think COMC is great...but, I'd wait for a free listing special...typically in the fall.

As a buyer, I really like it because I can pay what is essentially a flat shipping rate for tons of cards.

As a seller, it's a no hassle thing. Even vintage commons in low to mid grade sell well there.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I just opened an account with them. I looked through some cards and added them to my cart and really liked the low shipping. Fantastic idea in my opinion. I think this is a great site, as others have said, to sell your low end cards. I have boxes of cards that I don't necessarily need and don't want to list individually...

I have liked the beckett site because it helps with shipping...but you still have to pay each multiple seller...hard to get a good deal on raw cards this way. And I personally can't stand the "stock photo" on that site...I want to see the actual card that I am buying.

Graded cards I'll continue to list on eBay but I am going to send some raw cards in to checkoutmycards and see how it goes. If all is well I'll wait for that fall special to send more...so far the site looks promising.

Patrick