Home Sports Talk
Options

Phillie player punches Rays fan

lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
I just heard on the local news, (Bay News 9) after the game last night, the Saint Petersburg Police Dept had to be dispatched to the Trop because a Phillies player punched an autograph seeking Rays fan. According to the report, the player, who was not named due to legal reasons, became agitated when the fan said something about the beatdown the Rays had just inflicted on the Phillies.

Please dicuss

Comments

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Hey Brett Myers thought the guy looked like his wife. An honest mistake.
  • Options

Cholly Manuel ain't no Don Zimmer I tell ya.
  • Options

Jimmy Rollins was very stressed out after hearing of Michael Jackson's death. Just a little misplaced aggression.
  • Options

If the Rays would pay their players more they wouldn't have to stalk the visiting clubhouse hawking autos for resale.
  • Options
    LOLimage

Hi Keith

I wonder who it was?
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If the Rays would pay their players more they wouldn't have to stalk the visiting clubhouse hawking autos for resale. >>

If the Rays "fans" would show up at the ballpark (a pathetic 20,000 for a WS re-match), they would have more money to pay thier players.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If the Rays would pay their players more they wouldn't have to stalk the visiting clubhouse hawking autos for resale. >>

If the Rays "fans" would show up at the ballpark (a pathetic 20,000 for a WS re-match), they would have more money to pay thier players. >>

There is only room for one champion in Tampa. Buc home games have been sold out since 97.

Kevin
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>

There is only room for one champion in Tampa. Buc home games have been sold out since 97.

Kevin >>

This shows just how disconnected you are from the team. If you knew anything, you would know that season ticket sales dropped off and this year season tickets are up for the taking. Hopefully I can get into a game for face value now.

Tampa likes winners. Teams around here sell out consistently when they win (Lightning, Bucs, Rays all did it), but when things go south so do ticket sales. I don't know what to say about the Rays since it's a good ball club this year. St. Pete is a horrible location for the stadium, and that's why they're looking at moving it to Tampa now, but attendance should still be higher.

I love the city to death, but I'm not going to sugar coat things.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goot is right. Tampa likes winners...which is why the Rays sell out when the Red Sox visit. image
  • Options

<< <i>Goot is right. Tampa likes winners...which is why the Rays sell out when the Red Sox visit. image >>

Doesn't everyone sell out when the Sox visit?? I can tell you though, from first hand experience, that Sox-Rays crowds have actually become more towards the Rays in the past year. Bout dang time.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Goot is right. Tampa likes winners...which is why the Rays sell out when the Red Sox visit. image >>

Doesn't everyone sell out when the Sox visit?? I can tell you though, from first hand experience, that Sox-Rays crowds have actually become more towards the Rays in the past year. Bout dang time. >>

you are right on both counts. Even the lowly Nationals sold out for the three Sox games. And it is nice to see Rays' fans coming out for the games against Boston, it took too many years.
  • Options
    I bet it was Victorino. That guy just looks like a hooligan

+1 for usage of hooligan
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    is that a +1 or a -1 for giving yourself a +1??? image
  • Options

I'm pretty sure the fan was from Pasco County. Land O' Lakes I bet.

Anyone from Pasco County deserves a shot in the mouth once in a while.

No harm, no foul.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bet it was Victorino. That guy just looks like a hooligan

+1 for usage of hooligan >>

What does Margaret "Hot Lips" from the TV show MASH have to do with this?
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    This shows just how disconnected you are from the team. If you knew anything, you would know that season ticket sales dropped off and this year season tickets are up for the taking. Hopefully I can get into a game for face value now.

Tampa likes winners. Teams around here sell out consistently when they win (Lightning, Bucs, Rays all did it), but when things go south so do ticket sales. I don't know what to say about the Rays since it's a good ball club this year. St. Pete is a horrible location for the stadium, and that's why they're looking at moving it to Tampa now, but attendance should still be higher.

I love the city to death, but I'm not going to sugar coat things. >>

+1 for the Goot and for properly stating Kevin is disconnected from his team. image
  • Options

<< <i>I'm pretty sure the fan was from Pasco County. Land O' Lakes I bet.

Anyone from Pasco County deserves a shot in the mouth once in a while.

No harm, no foul. >>

Yeah, I didn't think of that. I'm gonna have to side with the player.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I heard it was Howard but he missed the guy 3 times.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I heard it was Howard but he missed the guy 3 times.

Steve >>

imageimageimage
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steve >>

That isn't funny.
  • Options

Steve >>

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kevin >>

I love the city to death, but I'm not going to sugar coat things.

Just the latest example of how clueless JS is about the team he supposedly "roots" for...of course, being a bandwagon fan gets in the way of knowing anything approaching reality about the sport, so such inaccurate comments are not at all unusual, I suppose...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
  • Options
    BassPro77BassPro77 Posts: 1,152
    to bad it wasn't a whitesox fanimage
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009