Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1,034 years old--and PCGS MS64

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
Another NEN offering that just blew my mind if for no other reason its physical attributes. It's a non-dated piece, so the range could actually take it back as far as 1169 years...

France 840-975 (ND) Charles the Bald Silver Denier PCGS MS64 Roberts-1431, Rouen mint. Incredible quality for the type

imageimage

Charles the Bald silver denier @ NEN

Incidentally...
Hammered @ Bowers & Merena...
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    Wow! I've love to have gotten that for Bower and Merena's price. They had it graded EF?

• Options
    Charles II the Bald was powerfully bald. He was the grandfather of Baldwin II the Bald, Count of Flanders and Artois.
  • Options
    wow...840-875! That would go great with my world set. I'm trying to get at least one example of a coin from each century.
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    wow...that is an amazing coin!
  • Options
    I am rereading this thread, and those beutiful, beautiful pictures are not coming up.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am rereading this thread, and those beutiful, beautiful pictures are not coming up. >>

I believe that's because the coin has been sold...

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame