Home Sports Talk
Options

NBA draft.....

Every year I really look forward to it...but this year, not so much! Griffin and Thabeet could be monsters in the NBA, and Curry is a nice story, although I question what he will really be able to accomplish at the next level. I don't know. What about you?

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    yeah me too i always look forward to it and this year is just weak. and the celtics don't have a first rounder so i'm waiting for a deal to get done
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    My King's picked Tyreke Evans. I don't get it. I really thought they would take Rubio. I guess we will see in 2 or 3 years how these picks were!
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Well, my evening is made. New Orleans drafted Darren Collison. I hope he does well. Though I can't see him getting much playing time behind Chris Paul AND Antonio Daniels. Who knows, maybe New Orleans will trade him.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My King's picked Tyreke Evans. I don't get it. I really thought they would take Rubio. I guess we will see in 2 or 3 years how these picks were! >>

i think evans may be teh best gaurd in the draft. wait the 2-3 years if he gets the playing time.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My King's picked Tyreke Evans. I don't get it. I really thought they would take Rubio. I guess we will see in 2 or 3 years how these picks were! >>

In the last few weeks I heard and read many reports that we had several guys in the States that were as good or better than Rubio...I think Rubio will be good, but there was lots of hype tied to him because he's from Spain.
  • Options
    Congrats to Austin Daye for going in the first round. His father, Darren Daye was a star player at my high school and had a great career at UCLA and made it to the NBA for a little run.

Brian
  • Options
    Brian-
    Did Darren go to Kenedy High or Granada Hills? I remember back in high school going with my cousin to a game at one of those schools out there in the valley and they had Darren Daye's retired jersey on the wall of the gym. I have always been a big Bruin fan so thought that was cool. I too rooted for Austin... solely because he is Darren's son.
  • Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭
    I had been wondering if Austin Daye was Darren's son. I remember Darren's first couple of NBA years with the Bullets - always a hard working player.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

Who needs to draft a flashy, hotshot, young point guard when you already have the raw, unbridled athleticism of Beno Udrih?
  • Options
    It's not just having Beno Udrah... it's having Beno locked up in a five year contract that gives me indigestion!
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    The T-Wolves look like idiots. They give up two of their best players, and end up with 2 point guards who are far from "locks". Plus, Rubio could always just go back to Spain for another year if he doesn't like the situation up there. Then they pick Lawson at 18, just to ship him off for another future first round pick? Since Charlotte sucks it may work out for them since it'll probably turn an 18th pick into a lottery pick in a deeper draft. Still though, the fans in Minnesota have to be a little upset. The front office up there seems like they have no desire to turn the organization around quickly. Not a smart move for a team ranking 27th in attendance.
  • Options

<< <i>Brian-
    Did Darren go to Kenedy High or Granada Hills? I remember back in high school going with my cousin to a game at one of those schools out there in the valley and they had Darren Daye's retired jersey on the wall of the gym. I have always been a big Bruin fan so thought that was cool. I too rooted for Austin... solely because he is Darren's son. >>

Darren went to Kennedy High in Granada Hills....The same school that Stuart Gray came from. I remember seeing Darren driving around Granada Hills during his Bruins days in what I believe was a Nissan 280ZX or 300ZX and had a license plate that said DDAYE. Cool memories.

<< <i> I had been wondering if Austin Daye was Darren's son. I remember Darren's first couple of NBA years with the Bullets - always a hard working player. >>

Yep, Darren was a solid player during his career. Did he end up retiring after his last 2 years in Boston, or was he just not re-signed anywhere?? Anyone know?

Brian
  • Options
    280ZX or 300ZX and had a license plate that said DDAYE. Cool memories.

Funny. I remember seeing Pooh Richardson driving around Westwood, while he was a Bruin, in a Ford Bronco (the small size) with a license plate that was "POOH24."

I also saw former Bruin footballer Mel Far, Jr. driving around Westwood in a sweet Mustang GT convertible with a license plate frame from Mel Far Ford which I believe was from Detroit (his dad's dealership).

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    My man Demarre Carroll in the 1st round. Didn;t think he would get drafted at all. Guess intangibles still count for something. surprised how far Blair fell..
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS