Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

A little help please!

I am having trouble finding the stats on a coin I have and was hopeing some one here can give me the answer. I need to know how many of this coin were graded PCGS at this level. 2007 (1/2 oz Proof) Platinum Eagles - PF70 DCAM PCGS. I got this coin this week for $75.00 below melt price I feel it was a good deal. I just cant seem to find much info on the mintage numbers or value on this coin. THANKS!
Many successful BST transactions ajia
(x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
mariner67, and Mikes coins

Comments

• RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "...I need to know how many of this coin were graded PCGS at this level. 2007 (1/2 oz Proof) Platinum Eagles - PF70 DCAM PCGS..."

You're gonna have to subscribe to the POP REPORT or plug it into one of your registry sets to get your answer or try to find one in the Heritage auction archives or Teletrade .

No one here is allowed to provide you pop report info.

• Thanks for the help! I guess I will just add the coin to my bullion hord. I am sure someone will buy the coin when the time comes I guess I can take the coin out of the plastic holder.
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
  • I have taken the coin out of the plastic holder and has been put with all my other loose bullion coins. I figure since the coin cost me $75.00 under melt price I loose nothing by doing this. I guess you folks can subtract one of these coins from your registry list.
  • SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am having trouble finding the stats on a coin I have and was hopeing some one here can give me the answer. I need to know how many of this coin were graded PCGS at this level. 2007 (1/2 oz Proof) Platinum Eagles - PF70 DCAM PCGS. I got this coin this week for $75.00 below melt price I feel it was a good deal. I just cant seem to find much info on the mintage numbers or value on this coin. THANKS! >>

If you have a registry set or want to start one that includes that coin in it.

You can do a "what if" scenario for FREE and see the POPs on that coin.
    AND any other coin in that particular registry set.
    This is the perk of being a registry collector.
    It is actually more current than the actual POP report but not as easy as looking at a whole chart at once.

The choice is yours....
  • Thanks for the suggestion's! I dont collect coins just bullion so I know very little about it. I have already removed the coin from the PCGS plastic holder and added it to my bag of loose bullion coins. I only bought the coin because the price was below melt.
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I have already removed the coin from the PCGS plastic holder and added it to my bag of loose bullion coins. I only bought the coin because the price was below melt. >>

It's unfortunate that you did that. I understand that fact that you may not know much about coins, but you might as well just put it on the railroad tracks and let a train run it over now. The coin would have netted you a fair amount more if you had just left it in the holder. It was only in the most popular and strictly graded holder that you can find.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • It's unfortunate that you did that. I understand that fact that you may not know much about coins, but you might as well just put it on the railroad tracks and let a train run it over now. The coin would have netted you a fair amount more if you had just left it in the holder. It was only in the most popular and strictly graded holder that you can find. ///// I would never put a valuable bullion coin on the railroad tracks!. I know nothing about gradeing firms, just bullion. I just happend on this coin for less then the melt worth and got it for my PM investment. I guess its worth to a collector might have been more then bullion but as I have found coins are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I have a extencive coin colection my father left me when he died I have never gone through them so I dont know if they are worth much.
  • bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the suggestion's! I dont collect coins just bullion so I know very little about it. I have already removed the coin from the PCGS plastic holder and added it to my bag of loose bullion coins. I only bought the coin because the price was below melt. >>

That was not very smart at all. image
  • Admit it! I just made the MS70 plat. worth more to you PCGS collectors! If you think about it I did you all a favor!
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Admit it! I just made the MS70 plat. worth more to you PCGS collectors! If you think about it I did you all a favor![/q

From a collectors standpoint by cracking that coin out of the holder, you most likely ruined a coin that was graded the highest possible grade by the most respected grading company. The only way that the population report will change is if you send the tab in to PCGS that was inside the holder. I am just curious as to why you didn't ask us about cracking it out before you actually did it. In all honesty you can do what ever you want, after all you did buy it and it is yours.
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

You got the bargain of a lifetime, and you then just cracked a PF70?!? Do you know how few coins actually make it to PF70 with PCGS?!? Sure, the cheaper tier guys will call anything shiny "perfect," but even NGC isn't as strict as PCGS when it comes to perfect 70s. That holder could have at least 1.5'ed your return, if not double. You might have been able to have traded that graded 1/2 oz. for a raw FULL OUNCE. Now that the coin has been cracked out and likely scuffed up, it's unlikely that it would get that grade again.

Oh, well, damage done--and, if you got it below bullion price, you still got a deal. So much of coin collecting is discovering along the way all the things you wish you did. If you're into precious metals, your first discovery was probably wishing you'd discovered it sooner!
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.