Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

For Sale JUST IN TIME for Registry Deadline ***1909 VDB DDO1 MS66RD***

ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since I have made the decision to concentrate my collecting passions on the Gold Dollar series, All of my High Quality LIncolns and yes, Indians, are available. Since by forum Rules I may only post once a day, suffice to say you will need to take a look at my 1909 Cent set, which is listed on the Collectors showcase as MY 10 BEST COINS.
Take a look
http://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase.aspx?sc=461

What I will Offer you TODAY is your chance to purchase an extraordinarily RARE LINCOLN Cent, in every sense of the word.

This is a 1909 VDB DDO1. This is a POP 7-1 coin, with mostly all known examples of this grade tied up in your *Competitors* Registry set. Featuring thick juicy deep orange original crust, and a very sharp strike, it shows very strong doubleing in Liberty and 1909. You will be delighted with this coin, and since it is SO SELDOM offered for sale in this grade and quality, it may be your only opportunity to purchase one. Considering that the registry deadline looms......if you purchase NOW, I will remove it from my listings and fedex it to you at no charge. It will be in your hand and in your inventory in ONE DAY.

Price, $14,999 Bank Transfer or Cashiers Check ONLY.

For your Pleasure, and hopefully for your PURCHASE, I present 1909 VDB DDO 1 PCGS MS66RD

To view this stunning coin in the context of the complete set, I have included the overall image of these coins.

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    No reverse image

Good luck with the sale and I look forward to seeing the new Gold Dollar addition, this coin alone should net you the 61-D, or maybe the 49-C Open Wreath image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, you could buy that group above and have the year 1909 pretty well taken care of! imageimage
  • Options
    I will add by way of clarification on the entire set, the 1909 PR65RD has been sold and is now replaced by a bright brassy 1909 PR65RB and the 1909 S/horizonal s has also been sold.

If perchance the entire set shall be sold as a unit, I will include the domain name www.lincolncentennial.com at no charge.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that picture of all the 1909s and smile as I remember how close I got to owning a complete set like that at one time. In the end, it was all sacrificed for the almighty VDB proof, and the rest of my mattes. Good luck!
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    How cool would it have been if you had the VDB proof, the VDB DDO Die #2, and the '09-S RPM #1?
  • Options
    just fractionally cool. Right now, hate to say this....I see their value as what is clearly stamped on the back. I suppose that is what happens when you 'change series'. NOW!!!!!!!!!!! That statement does not apply in any way shape or form to the value in them that I fully expect the buyer to see!image

PS the 09S IHC 65RD has been sold.image
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Is there a way you can start to put a Big Red X over the '09's in the pic that have sold.
    This would greatly help me to know what coins are left image (not that I can afford any of them image )
  • Options
    Ambro51 - Isn't the 1909 Matte proof sold too? image
  • Options
    Yes I had noted further down in the thread that is had been, and is replaced by a brassy 1909 PR65RB. the coins are all deep inside Wachovia bank and I havent reimaged the set. The S/s is also sold...

the rest are available EDITED TO ADD the 1909 S PCGS MS66RD Lincoln Cent has been Sold Many Thanks, T.image