Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

I finally downloaded some pictures....darksider in training

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
A brief photoessay image

Comments

• zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Is that a Scooby Doo lamp? That's very cool. My kid loves Scooby Doo.

Very fun photos!
  • farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    image Way cool!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it's Scooby....and it WAS my lamp until I had kids! Some things never go out of style!

• HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    That's cute, good luck with your Numismatist in training. image
  • Off to a great start - good looking little man you got there!!
    Shep
  • determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Arrrgggh! I paid way too much for that coin!

Definite Numismatist in training. image
    I collect history in the form of coins.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Becky
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

I can relate to this picture image

• Be glad he has an interest. Of my three, only the youngest seems to show any slight interest, and that comes and goes.

Neat pics!image Thanks for sharing.
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Be glad he has an interest. Of my three, only the youngest seems to show any slight interest, and that comes and goes.

Neat pics!image Thanks for sharing. >>

I think the most important thing is to plan the seed by showing interest in it yourself and trying to position the hobby in an interesting way. Even if it doesn't take at an earlier age, once your kids are adults and start getting some disposable income - coin collecting will be there as an option. This is what happened to me. When I was younger, my brother was a collector and I would often look through his albums and listen to his stories. It wasn't something that I wanted to do at the time, being a kid and having fun with friends, but when I got a decent job and started to look for a hobby - coin collecting was one of the first things that came to mind.
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful and touching pictures, Cathy! image I wish I had such reference materials (only had my brother's Red Book) at the age of 6. Plus a supportive mother!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22