I'm happy to see NEN price this crown at $6,750

Hope it sells in a heartbeat. image

PCGS MS-63

imageimage

Spink has beaten down the prices on these true uncs for several years. image

Comments

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Seems like an extremely optimistic price to me., but then again I don't collect crowns.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Although Mac's crown is a nice piece (his sig line), I have never liked Vicky's young head portrait on the 5 bob for some reason. Maybe it has to do with the Adam's Apple (I thought only men's AAs were that prominent). The shilling, sixpence and halfpenny portraits are my personal favorites for YH.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, that is a big price. These coins are scarce in condition but not rare in my opinion. I am not convinced that it should be above 4k USD or 2.5k pounds (with all due respect to owners of such).

As per Wybrit I am not too sure that AA should not have been toned down, and I am a bit suspect of her neck being just quite that long either...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Although Mac's crown is a nice piece (his sig line), I have never liked Vicky's young head portrait on the 5 bob for some reason. Maybe it has to do with the Adam's Apple (I thought only men's AAs were that prominent). The shilling, sixpence and halfpenny portraits are my personal favorites for YH. >>

That AA is a halfpenny she swallowed. image
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, funny funny. Well she does look nice on the sovs...Also the halfcrowns do not seem to suffer from the same appearance (possibly scale) and the earlier high relief coins prior to 1850 look great in unc. or proof.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect there is strong demand for the Victoria young head crowns- it is a nice coin, but that kind of money can buy better value in MHO.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.