Home Metal Detecting
Options

got another button!

got the Tdepot to work. they ID'd it as a confederate state staff officers coat button. well today i went back and got another. the the one on the right. this one is in better shape.

Comments

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's unbelievable for the shape there in.Where are you digging now?.I just noticed in the other post
    you said it was the same place as before.

Al
  • Options
    davbecdavbec Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Thats really cool Demo! Congrats!
  • Options
    i got these from a field i've been digging for roughly 20 years now. i've never seen anything like dug out there before. i think a gopher popped them out for me. they were both in the same area. makes me think maybe there's more real deep. dug alot of iron today. will have to go back witha bigger coil. someone said, un dug they list as $2500. have no idea what these are worth.
  • Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Those are fabulous finds Demo. I'd love to discover one of those, let alone two. Glad to see that the second one is in such good shape. Now you have to go for the hat trick!

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Wow, The complete coat must be there. Hope the officer is not still wearing it. image
    Its all relative
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What incredible luck! One has to know your secret! I've been hunting corporate office lots for two years now with no such finds!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    i can't give away the location , but i do have permission to be there. what i will say is to dig everything. these buttons come in at 25 on my DFX, about the same as a gold ring or pull tab. i also dig all the iron. i've dug loads of nails, tiny 22 casings and shreded trash.

maybe its not obvious to some, but you really need to be in n old area to get old stuff. if you have found an old spot, you really need to dig all and remove all. digging trash and leaving it there only makes it harder on you
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    maybe its not obvious to some, but you really need to dig all and remove all. digging trash and leaving it there only makes it harder on you >>

You saw my video! image

Despite my lack of amazing finds, I'm not too down yet-- I haven't given up. I *love* the feeling of having the target in hand, then it's just a matter of sifting it out to see whatcha found.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    The eagle sort of reminds me of the 1792 Quarter pattern... (image taken from coinfacts.com)