Home Precious Metals
Options

Picked up some Liberty dollars yesterday

I was at the coin shop selling some Gold and Platinum when I asked if they had any unusual Silver bars or rounds. One guy who works there knows I collect anything made of Silver so he comes back with some Liberty Dollars and since I don't have any I tell him I'll buy one 2000 $10 coin, one 2005 $20 coin and 2-2003 $5 coins for $15 an oz.
Then he brings out a stack of ten Coca Cola 1 oz. bars, they say Worlds first Coca-Cola bottling company Chattanooga 1899-1974 with 75th anniversary underneath and the Coca-Cola emlem on the bottom, on the back of the bar there's a 10 oz. Coke bottle with an old style bottle cap and underneath the pop bottle there appears to be two w's with 3 little vertical lines underneath the bottom w. These are neat bars with the bottle of Coke being frosty while the fields are proof or prooflike, I got these for $14.75 each.image

Comments

• Options
    Nice pickup on the coke bars. They sell constantly at $30-$40. I just sold a few myself.
    Its all relative
  • Options

<< <i>Nice pickup on the coke bars. They sell constantly at $30-$40. I just sold a few myself. >>

Thanks, you saved me some time researching the value of these bars. Is there a big collector base for Coke bars??
    I know there was a guy awhile ago who posted a Coke bar he'd sold for roughly $700 (obviously a rare one) so I figured these bars had to have some value above melt.
    What are the Libery dollars selling for?? These are the ones where the guy who produced them wound up in jail because he put a dollar value on them, they have a nice design with a proof finish.
  • Options
    carscars Posts: 1,904
    Yes, Many collectors of Coke bars & Round. The liberty dollars sell for small premium. Esp the smaller rounds. The 1/2 rounds I was selling for $13 constantly. Not a lot of premium on the 1 oz rounds unless they are one of the rare varieties that are out there. I don't pay much attention to them so I can't tell you about that.
    Its all relative
  • Options
    What is the status of the guy arrested for making the Liberty dollars, does anyone know.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    He was castigated. It musta been painful.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage