Home Sports Talk
Options

Dear New York Mets.....

The Phillies are getting beat like a rented mule by the AL East, and you can't even take over first place.

Sincerely,
No more excuses

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>link >>

I'm not sure what it is, but the players looked different back then.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>The Phillies are getting beat like a rented mule by the AL East, and you can't even take over first place.
    Sincerely,No more excuses >>

Dear SILLIES FANS ... The METS have had 4 of their better players on the DL for a long time and you guys can't pull away from them ... looks like you will be in a lot of trouble once they are healthy!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dear SILLIES FANS ... The METS have had 4 of their better players on the DL for a long time and you guys can't pull away from them ... looks like you will be in a lot of trouble once they are healthy! >>

This is what I love about Mets fans... Overstating the facts and ignoring the obvious parallels.

The Mets are missing four of their better players? Delgado and Reyes are a given, but the other two? Perez and Putz? That's a stretch...

The Phillies, on the other hand, have lost Meyers for the season and have been without a healthy Lidge for awhile and just added Ibanez to the DL.

Both teams have had their share of issues, but I think it is the fans of both teams that should pull away for a bit.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think he was talking about Maine, and Reyes and Delgado have been on the DL

for a longer period then Ibanez has.

Yes both teams have issues but lets not go the other way either Scott.

To be even the Phillies would have to have had Utley and Howard out.

I'm not complaining mind you, nor am I making excuses.

I'm simply reacting to your post.

The bottom line is for all the problems the Mets have had they have been able to stay within striking distance.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    YO STEVE ... YOU DA MAN!

Scott ... EXCUSE me! Reyes, Delgado and Maine That's THREE. That's overstating the facts when 2 potential All Stars and a starting pitcher are out? If you say so, then there is NO need to discuss that matter with you.

Regarding Lidge ... It's a FACT that he has been hurt from the beginning of the season? Maybe he just was pitching TERRIBLE and got hurt somewhere along the way?

Either way it's just MET fans and SILLIES fans having some fun with one another.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    every team will suffer injuries. Great teams rise above those injuries. Which will be a great team this year? Mets? Phils? Neither? Both? Only time will tell. I hope they both overcome and play some good ball
  • Options
    Mets fans and Phillies fans on this board have more than just fun with each other... You guys take it to an almost obsessive level of one-ups-manship.

Yes, Ibanez just went on the DL. Lidge has had the injury all season. It started with the foot problem that moved to the knee attempting to compensate.

I understand that Maine has been on the DL along with Perez. But to compare Delgado to Howard might be a stretch.

This is like Mets/Phillies fans that do position by position comparisons to determine what team is better. It's not about having the best at each position, but playing as a team. And that's something that the Mets have not been able to do even with a full lineup. It's also the same problem with the Yankees.

If anyone wants to see what a team does when they lose a key cog and how you play as a team, take a look at the late night boxscores and watch the Dodgers. And in the next couple of weeks, you'll see the same thing out of the boys from Anaheim...

You may now resume your my team is better than your team discussions/debates.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    But to compare Delgado to Howard might be a stretch.

lol yeah it takes Howard more chances to drive in runs, we have been told.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>You may now resume your my team is better than your team discussions/debates. >>

I AM SURE ALL OF THE MET AND SILLIE FANS ARE HAPPY THAT WE HAVE YOUR PERMISSION! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Doug:

You must be a Mets fan as you seemingly missed the dripping sarcasm in my posts... Just like the Mets medical staff, the obvious flies right on by...

• Options
    Scott,

Smile

Doug
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug